Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I had one of the Mini Estates, it was effectively a van. When my parents moved I transported their fridge with room to spare. A mattress would have fitted that, not so sure about a saloon. I had a great deal of fun in that car, not so sure my passengers in the rear did.

Oh it was just the 2 door saloon version in a grey colour I can still see it

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lunchtime stroll completed
Nearly got taken out by bus being driven on l plates

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My phone sends me ''memories'' from time to time. It turns out it was exactly 5 years ago to the day that I took some photos of furniture in IKEA. How's that for a coincidence!

👻 Spooky 👻

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Lovely sunny day but bitterly cold wind.
Only outside to go down to Calmac office where Michelle did her best but cannot book ferries which her computer says are already fully booked. She also admits to being bamboozled by the current timetable and the constant changes but got me on sailings which are not ideal but all that was left.
Something, probably red deer are eating what are I think crocus in my front garden. Could be bluebells but not sure as it is all a bit of a mix up.
Spent some time turning up the legs on a pair of cord trousers. This is a constant problem as my waist and leg length do not seem to match any standard. I do have three sewing machines but it is just as easy to do by hand.
My mother was a seamstress and I was taught how to sew properly at a very young age. It came as a great surprise that she worked in France and Switzerland in the 1930's. You have to be careful with these teuchters as they often are better travelled than you are and some of them are not above winding up the poor touroid for their own amusement.
They pretend ignorance and I have been asked if I had ever seen a double decker bus and a trip to Oban was a great event in my life.
I refrained from telling them I had just come up mostly overnight from the M5, M6 and M74 before the A82 and A85 to the first ferry that morning.
Once I caught a remark from a pair of aged bodach who were waiting to go on air for a tv programme.
" Yes that is right the last time I was in Rio". The rest was lost as I was just passing.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
6 years ago today, the Book of Faces reminded me of this...

Screenshot_20240304-175918~2.png

😊

Top Bottom