Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Turned homeward as the rain started and the clouds were dark.
First cuppa brewing

Mike_P

Guru
Troubled start to the day. What time is it I thought looking for the bedside clock radio
Ah! There it is but completely blank. Transpired the earth leakage switch had flipped some time overnight
No individual circuit had tripped so slightly clueless as to the cause. Ice cream still looking as it should in the freezer. Good job I had to look at it as I found some fish pie mix meaning today's intended purchase is not neccessary.
Has been raining; might have stopped.

cookiemonster

Squire
Well, I’m convinced. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 19

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry but cold when I was outside earlier.
Ernie has given me £400 this month. What to spend it on ?? Decisions , decisions.
The council in Oban are proposing a cycle lane in the main street leading into the town centre. The consultation for this is mostly kept secret it seems so causing much annoyance.
It will remove parking on one side of the street where there is already a single yellow line and predictably protesters claim hordes of speeding cyclists will be mowing down pedestrians walking in the cyclepath.:laugh:
In any case it is very short and connects to no other paths so I doubt it will make any difference to the movement of traffic.
I suppose the council must do something to make the public aware of their existence.

Washing machine will have finished by now and coffee calls.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast & breezy Suffolk where the sun is just like any good news from ERNIE - completely absent. The good news is that it's also dry with any rain just to the west which means that the load of washing that's just finishing may get line dried.

Once I've had some breakfast and a second coffee it will be bedding changing time followed by a day in the bike shed - I need to check if the rear wheel on the Triban I picked up last week will take an 11 speed cassette or not and then there's all the work that I need to do to the former main commuter bike.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's 71 plate truck has 420422 kilometres on the odometer and (once I get the trailer legal & roadworthy) is about to take me to Fakenham.

I still don't quite believe it's a real place.
Just make sure you type the correct town into the SatNag as there's a Falkenham very near here which you'd have trouble getting the truck into or out of once you've realised it doesn't have a Morrisons.

Mike_P

Guru
ERNIE came up with £100 but I still did a cautious shop in Waitrose avoiding anything overpriced. Only the free paper this week, no vouchers for food offers. The £3 8 pack of yoghurts offer which seems to do a round of the supermarkets had arrived there and a couple of free from items on offer picked up along with the bread for toasting. Definitely was raining and I made bit of a hash of parking. The car park is a structure over the railway and the space I pulled into has an metal topped expansion joint down the left side of the space which I misread as being the lined out space. Car just in the space on the other side so left it as it was.

Last edited:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Georgie and I have been playing mice hockey in the kitchen! We haven't got a mice or ice on the floor , we were just playing with a flattened aluminium foil ball which had been squashed flat. It shot across the floor like a puck and Georgie was happy chasing it .

Kizzy has some ping pong balls, which she likes to chase. They bounce off skirting boards, and legs of furniture, or bounce down the stairs. She has about twelve of them, as I, strangely, do not enjoy the game of "find the lost ping pong ball".

Top Bottom