Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My intercom is finally finished. It only took 2.5 years to get it. It will now be easier for Jehovah's Witnesses to get hold of me!

Also easier for you to tell them to go forth and proselytize.

Door-to-door proselytizing (or political canvassing, sales et c) is illegal here. Jehovah's Witnesses tend to have mobile displays on railway stations or similar.

Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

tyred

Legendary Member
Also easier for you to tell them to go forth and proselytize.

Door-to-door proselytizing (or political canvassing, sales et c) is illegal here. Jehovah's Witnesses tend to have mobile displays on railway stations or similar.

That's mostly what they do here nowadays do but they do occasionally call. JW are generally respectful though if you say you're not interested.

There used to be a religious group that were around where I worked in my last job and they used to follow you down the street and all sorts. The owner of the newsagents tried to get them moved on as nobody came into his shop when they were outside.

Tenkaykev

Guru
forgive my ignorance, do you feel like there's a tiny competition with them? as-in you have to be great because you fear they are greater? I think my Sister feels that way w/ her grand children. the other grandparents take the kids on & to lots of fun events

If you mean with the other set of grandparents then not at all. Chinese granddad is quite elderly and in poor health, Chinese grandma is younger. They've both obviously seen a lot of upheaval and turmoil due to Chinese recent history/ cultural revolution etc.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
An evening cuppa went down well
Another 20 pieces added to latest jigsaw
5c outside

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The train to Euston arrived about 10 minutes late this morning and in dry & almost sunny conditions leaving me enough time (but only just it turned out) to do a bit of a non-stop touristy ride to get to Liverpool Street station via Brian's home and Richie's work place
1709335957448.png

How the heck does anyone get around London with the amount of traffic, traffic lights & road closures other than the areas with the segregated lanes such as along the Embankment?

Top Bottom