Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Enjoy the retirement! I continue to do a couple of days a week (as well as a bit of cycling and walking) and treat it as a social event ruined by having to drive a truck..

I know you have outside interests to keep you occupied which is so important! I've seen people retire, do nothing, and deteriorate mentally and physically, which is sad.

Welcome to the land of the unworked.

Set yourself some boundaries. Never share these with anyone, but be true to them.

Mine are
Do at least one good thing a day
Do not watch daytime TV.
Do not drink on your own before 1800 local time
Do not have anything to do with idiots. They don't pay you any more

Gwylan

Veteran
Today's 21 plate truck has 373,071 kilometres on the odometer and has taken me, so far, to Norwich. Next stop Fakenham.

Silly question, do you take your own seat?

Gwylan

Veteran
Today I've been dragged across the country. Without discussion I've been appointed a god grand parent.
My bicycle has been left alone all day.

Tomorrow I have a 0530 run to Gatwick, then I kick my heels for the return of the management late on Tuesday.
Then it's banging on with getting Vanessa set up for the new season.

Distinct shortage of cycling though.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Definitely an indoor day. First load of washing went out on the whirlygig once I'd had breakfast, the bedding got changed and put on to wash before I started the bike fettling - the good news is that the cheapie Triban will take an 11 speed cassette so no faffing around swapping wheels when I get round to the changes I want to do to it.
Got the work done on the first bike while watching the drying clothing flapping in the strengthening wind and took a break to get it in and put the second load of washing on the clothes horse. Then started work on the second bike as the first of a continual stream of showers passed through for most of the rest of the afternoon.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Looks like it will be frosty tomorrow am

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Welcome to the land of the unworked.

Set yourself some boundaries. Never share these with anyone, but be true to them.

Mine are
Do at least one good thing a day - How about just not doing something bad?
Do not watch daytime TV - I have an unwritten rule of no TV apart from the news or weather until 6pm (for the local news)
Do not drink on your own before 1800 local time - does going out for lunch count as I like to do this very occasionally as a treat
Do not have anything to do with idiots. They don't pay you any more - why do you think I took early retirement :laugh:
Responses in bold above.

Top Bottom