Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
View attachment 723047
From their facebook page.

forget prayers, who is capturing our thoughts?

Mike_P

Guru
Floods...of milk, swimming in the fridge door. One of the 2 pints bought this morning leaking at the bottom. Fortunately had a empty one washed out still in the kitchen having not made it to the recycling bin so un-squashed and filled up. Excess of opened milk to use up as I opened a new 2 pints first thing so another loaf being made; 450ml accounted for, bread and butter pudding planned for tomorrow (100ml) and fish pie for Sunday (150ml) should help. Maybe another loaf on Sunday.

simongt

Guru
Some years ago, a lass kicked off about 'men's bikes' as the chosen image on cycle lanes etc., being sexist. She went to the lengths of painting out the top tubes on many of the said symbols in her area.
Since the subject of 'preferred gender' or whatever you want to call it has become a somewhat touchy matter more recently, I'm just a little intrigued that no-one had picked up that particular baton again. :whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice trike run in sunshine but still cold. The mountains here have a generous coating of snow and even the local hills have a sprinkling with some down to road level on the verges.
The other side of the Sound has no snow but up Loch Sunart I could see a lot on Resipole
The road was also pretty quiet and this means the traffic tends to move faster but no problems and I was able to tail a car round the dangerous corner. If they can hammer round I should have no problem behind them from any oncoming traffic.
Back home did some more sorting of junk in the garden. I have a nearly new cultivator I will never use again which I should sell once I have got some new petrol and got it running.
I seem to have constant problems with hospital appointment departments. The latest is that they gave me an appointment at an unsuitable time so I phoned and got it changed. Now they have sent a text reminder for the original time and deny any changes. After my protests they then involve the consultant who says I can go anytime and be seen but may have a short wait till a space turns up.
We will see what happens in practice as I will go early afternoon and perhaps get in immediately after lunch.

granddaughter due back from visiting her other grandparents in China today. Will seem positively tropical when she gets back, as grandparents live in Harbin and it gets a tad chilly over there

forgive my ignorance, do you feel like there's a tiny competition with them? as-in you have to be great because you fear they are greater? I think my Sister feels that way w/ her grand children. the other grandparents take the kids on & to lots of fun events

This arrived today; My "Germany Ticket" as a card, giving unlimited travel on local transport throughout Germany. As this includes interregional trains you can go quite a long way.

D-Ticket.jpg

I've had one of these pretty much since they were first issued post Corona to help reduce inflation. People are always surprised how little of Germany is digitised, and up until now the ticket came as a paper version which changed each month. This caused all manner of problems when I forgot to change to the new version but thankfully now all that is behind me.

postman

Squire
The person who took in SWMBO's mis-delivered expensive parcel last Monday, then declared to us they haven't got it is now telling DHL they gave it to a courier but couldn't remember who. DHL went back to collect, using their tracking.

As DHL have given up, and it's expensive, I've stuck the door image on our local FB page asking "anyone know whose this is?" and informed the police. The :cursing: have basically stolen an expensive item. Hopefully the power of local social media may help. Or maybe not if they're shameless.
that is disgusting.Because DHL took it to the wrong house they must be responsible. Can you argue that you have no contract to leave anything with neighbours.

Had a lovely luncheon of a sandwich with Polish sausage, a pear, a banana, some raspberries and two :cuppa:

Filled up the wood bins in the house, did an hour's work on the drawings catalogue while listening to the F1 qually and made a pot of leek & potato soup.

I plan on having a quiet evening watching the indoor athletics from Glasgow and doing a bit more on the catalogue. It's gotten to the point where I'd really like to get this out of my hair, as my own projects have been neglected since mid-November as a result.

I've also decided that I think a steward would be a good idea for the Midland Counties as the Houshold Pet entry is likely to be well north of 30 cats, and the hall at Stoneleigh is very big. Someone to trot to the table with my results slips will be very useful and save me a shed load of time; table workers like to see slips coming in at a steady rate as opposed to a large clump, and show managers can get a bit put out if a judge takes too long with their classes. I've no idea if I'm doing a Best of Variety or Best in Show yet as the catalogue hasn't come out, but given that four shows are sharing the venue and I've classes spread across all four, then there's a good chance I probably will be doing one, if not both.

classic33

Leg End Member
Floods...of milk, swimming in the fridge door. One of the 2 pints bought this morning leaking at the bottom. Fortunately had a empty one washed out still in the kitchen having not made it to the recycling bin so un-squashed and filled up. Excess of opened milk to use up as I opened a new 2 pints first thing so another loaf being made; 450ml accounted for, bread and butter pudding planned for tomorrow (100ml) and fish pie for Sunday (150ml) should help. Maybe another loaf on Sunday.
Why didn't you just turn it upside down?

Top Bottom