Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Had an offer of a free hearing test from a well known high street chemist yesterday. answered the 'qualifying questions' and yes, I qualify - !
Oddly one of said questions was in German :whistle:, more of that in a mo.
Phone rang a few minutes later from a lass to book my test in. She was from Dublin, but working in Berlin for a Swiss company - ! :wacko::laugh:
Thus the question in German, a techno slip, but the coy. who make the hearing aids that are being offered, are Swiss.
So it all makes sense eh - ? ! :okay:

The swiss made a strategic decision to leverage their fine engineering skills. Like clock making into other areas. That is making small, compact, technically sophisticated, quite valuable items.
Those included hearing aids and other sophisticated medical items. Great idea except the Chinese do not respect patents and silly ideas like intellectual property.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A day of bright sunshine with a lot of heavy but short hail showers as well to catch the unwary. Got caught out on a dump run with a pile of surplus towels and bedding. Road was about an inch deep but it melted in minutes.
A lot of time spent trying to sort medical appointments with no luck so far to get a time and date to suit.
Trouble is that the hospital changed my appointment date in Glasgow, probably because somebody forgot to check for things like easter breaks. This means that my new appointment is one day after my son flies back to work in Taiwan so he cannot drive me down.
In the past I used to go down there easily when I had confidence I could bluff or bully my way out of any little difficulty in navigation.
I downloaded a current map of the area and the road system looks as tho' somebody has spilled a plate of spaghetti.
One other dislike of that area is that I was advised once that when parking a car to leave nothing, absolutely nothing, visible inside a vehicle. :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning for the final time from an office in Suffolk. There was a bit of sunshine first thing but it soon clouded over although all we've had wetness wise so far is a very light shower of fine rain. Due to having a bit of a lie in this morning I was very nearly late for my last shift!
Only about 45 minutes and one coffee to go and that's it. Then off to Milton Keynes for a night out.
Hope you'll be having a leaving do.

postman

Squire
Back from shopping and a message on the phone.Amazon a charge of £300 and £400 have been made against your account,press 1 if this was not you.NO YOU T***s we won't because neither of us has ordered or bought anything,we always tell each other,plus we have something special attached to our bank account.Any spending gets a ping on Mrs P's phone,and guess what no pinning today or yesterday so pass off scammer.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
We managed a slightly later lunch time walk in the dry .

Mike_P

Guru
As suspected the return was a bit more fraught. Realised there was a bus at the hospital stop just too far away to get to before it set off. 14 minutes said the display for the next one on what should be every 10 minutes. Um.. time to walk to Lidl, needed to pick up some bananas at least. Of course no sooner than I had come out of Lidl than the bus passed me, seeing a queue at the stop a bit of running was needed, what was that the hospital said about no exercise for a couple of days. Just got to the bus as the driver shut the door but he kindly reopened to his regret as I could not find the ticket on the mobile for what seemed ages.
That did actually make for a good connection at the bus station but time was ticking towards 4 and the roads were getting busy and the bus somewhat laden down by school children such that it was a rather slow journey.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Well here I am officially retired and having a mug of coffee before making my way northish to the Crauford Arms to see The Bug Club. Very wet trip from Liverpool Street to Euston earlier and the 3 miles took much longer than expected due to the amount of traffic, traffic lights and badly parked vehicles.
Hope you'll be having a leaving do.
Not my thing as I prefer to keep things low key. I did wish everyone well on my way out and donated £200 to the tea club to make it free for all for as long as the money lasted
Working day completed
Working life completed (hopefully) 😂

Top Bottom