Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Anybody who says you cannot have too much cake is wrong based on my experience today. Cupcakes with very sugary icing, chilli cheese straws, marmite cheese straws, lemon drowned cake, marble cake, coffee & walnut cake, chocolate orange rice crispy bites, cornflake bites, cookies and a large piece of rocky road with the density of a neutron star. As I had more than one piece of some of these, I was left with a major sugar buzz and a very heavy stomach for the ride home.

I know they don't read this, but I would like to acknowledge my work colleagues who, despite me saying not to bother with a card or collection, stilll went ahead and presented me with some beer glasses (part of a running joke about those we've liberated from pubs), a tub of coffee creams (another ongoing debate about chocolate selection boxes and their contents) and £240 in cash.

Gwylan

Veteran
Sorry @Gwylan. As the interviews are a response to my 'initiative' application I won't get expenses. However, as I have a "Germany" ticket which gives access to all local transport (Buses, trains, trams, ferries et c) it won't put me out of pocket to travel there.

Oh there are are so many things I miss about Germany and confusing people trying to work out where someone with such a bad accent could be a refugee from.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Can he say that?

Means a cheapskate, or Scrooge.

It's been a mostly grey, occasionally drizzly and somewhat murky day here chez Casa Reynard.

I overslept massively after yesterday's lumberjilling efforts, which quite frankly, I've needed after the emotional shitstorm of the last month. Am glad I did the wood yesterday. Today was spent putting away shopping, sorting cupboards, re-jigging fridges and having something of a Kitchen Day.

The latter produced a VERY tasty supper of pork ribeye steaks*, roasties done with lamb dripping, garlic & rosemary, homemade apple sauce using some of the last of the Green Harveys from the community orchard, and red cabbage braised in cider. I am rather stuffed right now. Madam Lexi, of course, had some of the pork.

Am now sat by the fire relaxing and furkling through listings on the Bay of E.

* it's NOT the same cut as beef ribeye - it's actually a cut of meat from the neck, just above the saddle. Perhaps not the most tender when done as steaks, but oh, the flavour!!! I've found it's actually best left to cool completely, and then sliced thinly for a sandwich.

Gwylan

Veteran
Means a cheapskate, or Scrooge.

I know, but from a foreigner it has an order of magnitude more impact.

My Euro group had a deal that we could only swear in our mother tongue to a fellow mother tongue speaker.
It was horrible to hear colleagues using words and phrases that they would never use in their mother tongue. Or remotely understand how what they were saying would be culturally interpreted.

Gwylan

Veteran
It's been a mostly grey, occasionally drizzly and somewhat murky day here chez Casa Reynard.

I overslept massively after yesterday's lumberjilling efforts, which quite frankly, I've needed after the emotional shitstorm of the last month. Am glad I did the wood yesterday. Today was spent putting away shopping, sorting cupboards, re-jigging fridges and having something of a Kitchen Day.

The latter produced a VERY tasty supper of pork ribeye steaks*, roasties done with lamb dripping, garlic & rosemary, homemade apple sauce using some of the last of the Green Harveys from the community orchard, and red cabbage braised in cider. I am rather stuffed right now. Madam Lexi, of course, had some of the pork.

Am now sat by the fire relaxing and furkling through listings on the Bay of E.

* it's NOT the same cut as beef ribeye - it's actually a cut of meat from the neck, just above the saddle. Perhaps not the most tender when done as steaks, but oh, the flavour!!! I've found it's actually best left to cool completely, and then sliced thinly for a sandwich.

I'm hungry just reading it.

Just not a cat person

Top Bottom