Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa went down well
15c in the kitchen
Thursday already

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Blustery morning. Raining when I got up but sun is out just now and the clouds are scudding across the sky at a fair rate.
Today I need to sort out my various medical appointments and change some of them.
My next one is on Saturday which is odd but I did confirm it is correct. No idea what this is about but since it may involve a visit to Oban later I will wait to then try to get ferry bookings sorted for a shopping visit and also a minor car repair assuming I can get a suitable appointment for this.
Everything seems to be falling apart these days. One of the penalties of getting old.
On the slightly brighter side there may be a good triking day coming up soon if the forecast can be believed.

classic33

Leg End Member
We seem to be blessed with more wind and rain this morning.

I think our rainy season started towards the end of 1995. I wonder how long it lasts for. 🤔
Forty years.
It used to be forty days, but the saints decided that was getting proved wrong too often, so they altered things.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning for the final time from an office in Suffolk. There was a bit of sunshine first thing but it soon clouded over although all we've had wetness wise so far is a very light shower of fine rain. Due to having a bit of a lie in this morning I was very nearly late for my last shift!
Only about 45 minutes and one coffee to go and that's it. Then off to Milton Keynes for a night out.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Winter Covid Study window open. Real windows to the west shut. Thus avoiding rain infection.

The ONS questionnaire that I have to complete has subtly changed its questions and has added a section on NHS services. I think they're gathering information on those waiting for NHS treatment.

I've got to go out in the next couple of hours. This might require waterproofs.

simongt

Guru
Had an offer of a free hearing test from a well known high street chemist yesterday. answered the 'qualifying questions' and yes, I qualify - !
Oddly one of said questions was in German :whistle:, more of that in a mo.
Phone rang a few minutes later from a lass to book my test in. She was from Dublin, but working in Berlin for a Swiss company - ! :wacko::laugh:
Thus the question in German, a techno slip, but the coy. who make the hearing aids that are being offered, are Swiss.
So it all makes sense eh - ? ! :okay:

Top Bottom