Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm nearly up. It's ♻ Bin Day today.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The forecast says light rain but if what I see out of my window is "light" then I never want to see heavy.
Nothing much I need to do outside anyway I hope apart from go to the dentist early afternoon and take the bin down to street level for getting lifted tomorrow.
At least it should be lifted but I notice a bin lorry sitting at the garage waiting on repair so the programme may be disrupted.
No hens mentioned on FB this morning so I presume all are now back home.
The clowns in Craignure are planning an Easter parade with floats just when traffic is getting worse due to holidays and hopefully a better ferry service.
Must be the settlers as nobody else would bother. They leave wherever and then try to change here to be like the place they left in the first place. The population has changed so much since I came here 52 years ago that I now know very few people whereas in the past everybody knew who else lived here.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast and chilly Suffolk. The sun did make a brief appearance this morning, but didn't like what it saw and went back behind the cloud cover.

Final full day in the office being made even better by there being a 'Bake Off' style thing which means lots of home made cakes to try later on.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well
Still pale grey outside but the solar panel is exporting to the grid.

pawl

Legendary Member
The forecast says light rain but if what I see out of my window is "light" then I never want to see heavy.
Nothing much I need to do outside anyway I hope apart from go to the dentist early afternoon and take the bin down to street level for getting lifted tomorrow.
At least it should be lifted but I notice a bin lorry sitting at the garage waiting on repair so the programme may be disrupted.
No hens mentioned on FB this morning so I presume all are now back home.
The clowns in Craignure are planning an Easter parade with floats just when traffic is getting worse due to holidays and hopefully a better ferry service.
Must be the settlers as nobody else would bother. They leave wherever and then try to change here to be like the place they left in the first place. The population has changed so much since I came here 52 years ago that I now know very few people whereas in the past everybody knew who else lived here.

Mulls problems for residents like yourself are the same as most honey pot tourist areas.Not only do you have problems with parking but hit and miss ferry services.

Whenever we go away we tend to self cater I try to find establishments with off street parking.Also
when we visit tourist hotspots we use public car parks
We tend to go away eariy and late season. Last tyear we went away we stayed in a friends mobile home near Hunstanton First visit was early May and later mid September No where was overly busy but I always used a public car park Both occasions the weather was brilliant.
It must be really annoying for locals to come home and find parking spaces crammed with as you call them tuourids.

Top Bottom