Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Apart from a shower of rain first thing this morning it has been a clear dry day. Going to be cold overnight but should be ok tomorrow.
Trying to work out where best to go for a trike run tomorrow without being endangered by a combination of Sunday drivers and low sun.
Went out to Glengorm for a walk today but the road was too busy for comfort. The cafe is now open at weekends and more people are living out there as well due to an enlightened landowner converting old buildings for local residents only. No holiday homes.
Red deer are causing problems crossing my garden and eating everything, even my snowdrops. Next garden along has put up some canes with CDs dangling and I have dug out some canes to stop then getting into my front garden from the other side. No CDs but I can put up some horizontal barriers.
If it was not a residential area I could get a more permanent solution and enough meat to do for a while.
There was outrage from some do gooders when the golf club shot several as they were damaging the greens.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Apart from a shower of rain first thing this morning it has been a clear dry day. Going to be cold overnight but should be ok tomorrow.
Trying to work out where best to go for a trike run tomorrow without being endangered by a combination of Sunday drivers and low sun.
Went out to Glengorm for a walk today but the road was too busy for comfort. The cafe is now open at weekends and more people are living out there as well due to an enlightened landowner converting old buildings for local residents only. No holiday homes.
Red deer are causing problems crossing my garden and eating everything, even my snowdrops. Next garden along has put up some canes with CDs dangling and I have dug out some canes to stop then getting into my front garden from the other side. No CDs but I can put up some horizontal barriers.
If it was not a residential area I could get a more permanent solution and enough meat to do for a while.
There was outrage from some do gooders when the golf club shot several as they were damaging the greens.

Usually townies that don’t understand that over population of some species need culled every so often. Even as an animal lover, I know these things need to be done.

classic33

Leg End Member
I’ve watched a film on Netflix about a plane crash in the Andean mountains. 16 of them survived long enough to get rescued.
Is that the one where they ate the dead?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
New to me bike collected - round trip of 280 miles done at an average of 59mph & 56mpg which I thought was quite good. Not going to do anything with it for a couple of weeks, but there are plans to convert from a drop bar to flats/bullhorns and from a 3x8 to 1 x 11 gearing.

Off to Manchester on Sunday.

classic33

Leg End Member
No! For me Emma Peel was the best.
IMG_20240224_220258.jpg

Top Bottom