Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sunny again. What's going on. 33 miles yesterday and another 15 hilly ones today. Roads are filthy and salty so bike washed again.

One silly driver. I was doing about 30mph after a down hill, really good visibility. Approaching a junction on the right I thought, this driver and passenger have seen me but will pull out. They did. Scrubbed a little speed of but decided there was loads of room inside so passed them. Swore under my breath then shouted 'really' through the passenger window as I still flew past them. They didn't pass me.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Sounds like a YouTube travel video.
Possibly not as frosty this morning but the sun is weaker than yesterday
Walked to the Co-op, definitely hood up. They too have taken the best before date off fruit with a code only staff know instead. Um.. so this bag of oranges says B26 and this one C05. So the latter is 8 days fresher.

That may well be a code worthy of Bletchley, I'd hazard a guess at 26th February and the 5th of March 😉

Good morning from a misty and very frosty (as in still-1.5C) Suffolk. Just finishing off a really good first coffee of the morning while catching up with the news before heading off on today's multi-mode transport to Manchester. Due to engineering work and a complete lack of early morning public transport on a Sunday, I have to drive to Stowmarket for the train to Bury St. Edmunds, rail replacement bus to Ely, train to Peterborough and then another train to Manchester.

Mornington Crescent?

Ooh, this rugby is good.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Cheese Soufflé has been baked and eaten.
Chocolate Fudge cake, made yesterday and iced this morning) has been eaten, too 🎂

DSC_4176.JPG

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hazy sunshine all day with virtually no wind but still cold.
Got some deer defences up and hope they work. If not then need to just add more obstacles.
Late morning got kitted up and off out for a trike run which was only 8 miles but some hills. This is the first time I have been out on the trike for about 6 weeks due to inclement weather but was quite easy as I made more than usual use of the e assist.
Some ice by the roadside but the road surface was good and no salt or muck to bother about. Strangely my fingers did not suffer tho' the temperature was only at 6C.
Stopped to watch a buzzard sitting on a post about 10 yards away and the silence was amazing. Virtually no traffic and what there was came in small convoys all heading in the same direction towards Dervaig.
One car parked at the start of a walk up to a summit and just now I notice on FB the driver has posted pictures he took from the top.
The moles seem to be surviving as there are a lot of fresh mole hills all along the road verge.

Top Bottom