Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
It seems to be nice between the showers but it's very cold.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dreich morning and much colder.
The local mountains have a fresh coating of snow and the Morvern hills I can see have a sprinkle they did not have yesterday.

Panic on FB as there is a strong suggestion that Road Equivalent Tariff for the ferries may stop next year. This could mean a large increase in fares for vehicles and the settlers are threatening to leave unless they are exempt. General agreement that touroid should pay more which would perhaps bring the numbers down to a sensible level. The holiday homes of course are not pleased if it limits their profits on the second home.

Eldest grandson has just passed his driving test. It does not seem very long since he was born.
He has to demonstrate his confidence by driving to Ft William which is a nasty road as it is winding, mostly very narrow and then the next nasty bit is the A82 which is also not fit for the volume of traffic.
Only then will he be allowed use of the family car.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where there appears to be an unusual lack of wet stuff falling from the sky. It's still very soggy underfoot, but the sun is occasionally making an appearance. The first coffee of the day is a distant memory so I think the second one will be had along with a late breakfast sometime in the next hour. A trip out for milk and some food to take with me on Sunday is about the only thing on today's 'to do' list.
Morning .
I have put our bins out . It is cold out there . I had to break open our dustbin lid as it was frozen stuck.
Hasn't anyone got any exciting mundane news? :whistle:
Does only having one week to go until I become a retired person count?

Mike_P

Guru
Big, for me, shop in Asda done. The trolley app came up trumps this morning with 8 yogurts there for £3 whereas yesterday £1.75 for 4 was the best offering. Also frozen veg cheaper than elsewhere so the £47 shop justified the use of the car.
Weather was briefly sunny but dark clouds soon appeared with one of those very very light showers that seems to be damp air.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have just changed the curtains in my bedroom. They were made about a quarter of a century ago. That window gets a lot of sun and the fabric was faded and the linings were falling apart. Having recently purchased some very Spendy lounge curtains for the lounge. I was hoping not to buy more curtains.

So the curtains from my previous home, have been brought out of the cupboard. You may imagine that the curtains would not match the carpet. Fortunately, when the buyers of the old house decided they did not want the curtains or the carpets ( :unsure: ) the old lounge/diner carpet was put in this bedroom, so yes they do match. The wallpaper was chosen to go with the carpet, so it all blends in very well. ^_^ The other newish/hardly worn carpet in the old house was given to a neighbour as their child's bedroom was the same size.

Top Bottom