Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
If you will use your computer screen to prop up the newspaper...

I was referring to the glowing orb in the sky, not the 'newspaper'.
Blaming Postman for cutting his lawn yesterday .All of Yorkshire most of Lancashire and the North West are now underwater thanks to a soddin lawn in Meanwood Leeds.

We had sufficient rain overnight to require the use of the pump. We are not underwater as yet tho.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Survived two frozen virtual app sessions today, the second one being resolved by the live system working relatively well. And another day off tomorrow.
Frozen Lasagne says best oven baked. Um..55 minutes v 13 microwaved. Think it will be microwaved.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got out for a walk on a forest road while it was not raining. Just back to my car when some joggers emerged from a car and set off as the heavens opened and down came sleety hail which covered the road.
There is no shelter on that road do they must have got pretty cold and wet. Car thermometer said 2C as I left.
Letter arrived with a summons to Glasgow Royal Infirmary for consultation with a cardiologist early April. Tomorrow I will try to plead emergency to get my missing fillings replaced as getting dental work done now is very difficult. Any heart stuff apparently needs good dental report.
Getting to the Royal is another problem. I used to drive there with no hesitation but those days have gone. Son may be home from Taiwan but if not need to try Patient Transport which nowadays is very restricted.
Problems, problems.

tyred

Legendary Member
Truly horrible night out there with rain, sleet, wind and very cold.

I walked to the supermarket after work with the recycling and it was dry when I set out. Tins and glassware all put in the bottle bank and I used the next plastic drinks bottle recycling machine for the first. Easy to use and works well. No idea what all the people in the newspaper comments sections are moaning about.

It then started pouring and I got drenched walking home. :rain:

Clothes changed now and I had liberated some trout fillets from the bottom of the freezer earlier so I will have trout for tea.

Top Bottom