Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
bacon & Stilton doorstep - !
Arrived at Michelle's at 13.00h. and it was heaving - ! :eek:
Not surprised, such is it's popularity; cars, truck, vans & HGVs were arriving almost as fast as they were departing.
Took a wee while to get our grub, but my bacon & Stilton doorstep was well worth the wait. :okay:
Oh and also nabbed three slices of her home made cakes for later - ! :laugh:

simongt

Guru
In York at the weekend, went into Taylor's, a local bakery and among other goodies, bought a Fat Rascal cake, costing £1.35; very reasonable.
Minded me of the occasion in 1992 when I took my young lady of the time to Betty's Tearooms, also in York.
A Fat Rascal there had cost me £1.80. Betty's is known to be expensive but costing more 32 years ago - ! :eek: :laugh:

Gwylan

Veteran
Well it's been cleaning morning. Not my happiest time.
Trouble is I cannot just do it, I have to see an improvement.
So I cleaned the creatures out of all the light fittings. I was surprised how many ceiling light fittings we have in our modest home.
Now I feel justified in skulking off to my "office" and starting updating a membership list that is a legal requirement.
Need wisdom on how we deal with those whose minds have left their bodies. Certainly should not be encouraged to participate in any sort of democratic process.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Oh for goodness sake, why can't people just let me have a quiet penultimate week at work. I suppose it was to be expected with five people away on training courses and most of the others on leave using up their entitlement before the end of the leave year next week.

Tomorrow morning I'm off work doing taxi service for my stepfather as he's having a cataract done in Ipswich and mum is coming along as support. Breakfast will not be required as my sister & I have just organised a coffee & cake meeting while the work is being done to take mum's mind off things.

tyred

Legendary Member
Time to retire to my bedchamber. 😴 Another exciting day of work awaits for me in the morning.:tired:

Top Bottom