Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
No lunchtime stroll so a lunchtime utility ride instead .
Sunny but breezy conditions

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain stopped and sunshine appeared but by that time I was committed to getting bread and soup done indoors.
Got out later to bodge the bit of roof beside my main shed to stop rain coming in. It will do meantime but really needs a major job done on it and it probably would not withstand the gales which caused the damage in the first place.
Rain now back but not heavy, just showers I think.
Calmac are sending out screeds of text messages regarding the guddle which is currently our ferry service. The current timetable does not suit me as there is nothing between 0840 and 1420 leaving the island for Oban. This is subject to continual change according to texted information and how the booking service is supposed to cope I cannot imagine. The only way is to make a booking for a sailing well in advance and that ticket can then be used before that date but not after.
This is IMO the fault of the tourist industry who overload the system. We did not have this problem in the past when the main industries were forestry, fishing and agriculture with a small manageable number of tourists.
It is not just travel affected but also retail shopping as apart from the coop an ironmonger and a couple of spar shops in other communities every retail outlet is twee touroid rubbish.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
SWMBO should have had an expensive parcel delivered today. It's a warranty replacement for something that arrived damaged, so not a simple purchase. Instead DHL delivered it yesterday to a house on the next street; right house number, wrong street, wrong day.

I've been to the house, several times and they were definitely in each time, and on the fourth time didn't leave until they answered.

They're denying all knowledge of the parcel, even though the photo is of them.

For now it's back to DHL and then possibly report it as theft.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
SWMBO should have had an expensive parcel delivered today. Instead DHL delivered it yesterday to a house on the next street; right house number, wrong street, wrong day.

I've been to the house, several times and they were definitely in each time, and on the fourth time didn't leave until they answered.

They're denying all knowledge of the parcel, even though the photo is of them.

For now it's back to DHL and then possibly report it as theft.

Definitely DHL's issue to sort out, plus your call to the police just so it's logged!
Good luck 🤞

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@oldwheels ~Skynews~
Maybe you knew this old seadog?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This is a mundane query. How does this number plate work on a horse box?

It was being pulled by a white flatbed.

How have they got two identical plates that are 10 years apart?

IMG_4269.jpeg

Mike_P

Guru
Mine was interrupted again by a frozen screen. A bit too early to pack on so email sent and the matter resolved by IT. Tomorrow looks a bit chaotic
c.0750 Office
0910 Doctors for blood test
0945 Appraisal
1230 meeting in Easingwold
1500 work visit with slight detours (time booked off) to a Tesco and Lidl
1700 look at Cycle chat

Failed sorry folks 12 minutes late before I opened Cyclechat up and another five to post this. Why at 2 hour long meetings do they offer you tea/coffee at the start but nothing at the end?

Top Bottom