Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Kicking my heels. Off for a mid morning members only private cycling club outing. Suspect it might include a working lunch. My companion is WFH, theoretically. Certainly CFH, cycling from home. He seems to get hours before the system wonders where he is.

Despite that I can see the rain rolling in on the radar.
How waterproof do I go?

Off to count the wheels, kick the tyres. Code for faffing in the garage and avoiding being reassigned by local nagagement.

Well 20+km. spent the first third adding waterproofs.
Remaining 2/3rds in glorious sunshine. Hedgerows sprouting, green green grass and lambs.

Wonderful coffee break outing. (40 mins)

Me no understand 🤷‍♂️

They can make money disappear!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good afternoon from a very mixed day in Suffolk. There was almost a lovely sunrise on the ride to work this morning, but the cloud cover came in, then the wind picked up and finally the rain mid morning. Now we have cloud, sunshine & wind.

There's a reason I don't like working on Mondays - it's when the weekend updates fail on the computer and this week was no exception as it took 90 minutes before I could access everything and then 30 minutes later I got dragged out to do a cargo check. On the bright side I've won a decent bike for just over £30 on Ebay and all I need to do is go to the other side of London on Saturday to pick it up :okay:

I've been having fun trying to fit a new BB sealed unit to my bike. I filed the gear cable guide which was protruding inside. It caused a lot of problems. I couldn't understand why the new unit wouldn't screw in squarely. I used the non drive side cup to try to centralise it . I eventually discovered that I had filed the obtrusion down enough. Once I had removed some more it went in . I fitted the replacement cranks to find that the BB was too long. A trip to Halfords this afternoon and I picked up 2 sealed units for £8, they had reduced the sale price. I swapped over the BB units , fitted the cranks and pedals and now it just needs testing.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Strange weather today.
Looks like rain and a bit misty in parts but no rain falling, just dull but a springlike feel in the air. Probably the light is a bit brighter which contradicts the dull conditions.
Catkins are out as well as snowdrops but nothing else yet.
Walked up to my wildlife pal’s place a bit further than usual and my legs feel it now. When I get there I get coffee and a rest before heading back tho’ I have been caught out sometimes when he is off on some errand. In season he is often off shooting deer.
When I had a boat we were often off sea fishing which often brought out all the wildlife. Basking sharks,orca,dolphins,otters,sea eagles and a variety of diving gulls. Sometimes harbour porpoise as well. Seals were bad news as they tended to scare the fish away so catches were a bit sparse.
Did nothing much else and the repairs to my shed annex are still waiting. Perhaps tomorrow.

Mike_P

Guru
Working day completed

Mine was interrupted again by a frozen screen. A bit too early to pack on so email sent and the matter resolved by IT. Tomorrow looks a bit chaotic
c.0750 Office
0910 Doctors for blood test
0945 Appraisal
1230 meeting in Easingwold
1500 work visit with slight detours (time booked off) to a Tesco and Lidl
1700 look at Cycle chat

Top Bottom