Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning. Just took my bike to bits to check the width of the front forks because, well, why not?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another grey start to the day but no fog and not yet raining.
According to the forecast which is often correct we should get a couple of hours respite from rain this morning.
Weather has a lot of influence here and dictates not only outdoor activities but things like travel are also affected more than most other areas.
Nothing planned and no appointments so will probably have a go at repairing my shed annex roof. More likely bodging it but I do not have new sheeting handy so probably old plastic signs from our shop may come in handy. I have a bad habit of hanging on to what most regard as rubbish in case it comes in handy some day. Strangely it often does.
I have a friend who is even worse than I am and you can find almost anything from bikes to boats and even some clothing in his shed. :ohmy:

Gwylan

Veteran
Kicking my heels. Off for a mid morning members only private cycling club outing. Suspect it might include a working lunch. My companion is WFH, theoretically. Certainly CFH, cycling from home. He seems to get hours before the system wonders where he is.

Despite that I can see the rain rolling in on the radar.
How waterproof do I go?

Off to count the wheels, kick the tyres. Code for faffing in the garage and avoiding being reassigned by local nagagement.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Nice warmish 3 mile walkies 🐶
Back home for elevensies of fizzy orange Vit C drink & ginger curd on toast.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Signed up to do the Mad Manc (full distance). This has also meant the 'boss' from work is following me on Strava as he's doing it too. He does mainly 'virtual rides' and then when back at home in Scotland does about 60-70 mile rides. I've 40 rides vs his 11 this year. Better be careful if a do a WFH lunch 'ride'. :whistle: I'm very much sub 40 mile rides. That said I've done 120 mile rides on a diet of just commuting.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think I need some help in my garden from this gentleman. As an added bonus he keeps the tea warm.

il_794xN.3878604701_qs1l.jpg

Top Bottom