Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning.

Currently much hilarity at work; management are trying to reduce overtime while the entire warehouse staff are off sick. This led to one employee being told they should stop working overtime immediately, but also they had to stay two hours longer yesterday in the same sentence.

I'm in the West Riding for certain.

Good start, well done.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another showery day by the looks of it.
The gritting lorry went past yesterday evening but it is not that cold at 4.2C so no idea where they get their forecasts from.
Another idle day when nothing much can be done outdoors but just need to wait and see how the weather develops.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning.

Currently much hilarity at work; management are trying to reduce overtime while the entire warehouse staff are off sick. This led to one employee being told they should stop working overtime immediately, but also they had to stay two hours longer yesterday in the same sentence.

Good start, well done.
I'm in the north west of the West Riding.
Close to "bandit country'.

Well ! That was fun ! I have spent the last half hour trying to find what size Allen key would fit the seat clamp bolt on my Raleigh Record Ace. I had a few to try but nothing seemed to fit! It was a bit dark in my garage and my bike was in an awkward place to get to . I was trying to remove the saddle so that it would go back on my Clubman . All the while the rain has been getting harder. We were supposed to be going for a ride hence the need to swap bikes for one with mudguards. I couldn't understand why nothing would fit . Eventually I managed to get enough light on the bolt to see that what I thought was an Allen bolt had 2 flats on the side! :angry: I then spent a good five minutes looking in my toolbox for an 11 mm open ended spanner. At last I removed the saddle and post . I placed it on my Clubman and the post is the wrong diameter! :angry:
The ride has been cancelled anyway!

Top Bottom