Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was also pondering how people react to the cold as I went wearing a t-shirt, jumper, heavy woollen type gents overcoat. There was a guy who walked in wearing shorts and t-shirt! I must be getting old:cold: I suppose I walked over a mile to get there whereas he probably arrived with the intention of parking 6 inches away from the door of the venue.

I've noticed this as well. Because people use cars to get as close as possible to where they ned to be, cars have become a sort of "outdoor clothing". You see this in "waterproof" jackets which are "Waterproof" for about two minutes, or shoes that are clearly designed to survive the arduous trek from the car to the office and offer safe grip on carpets the rest of the day. Finding clothes that can handle anything more challenging can be a bit of a pain.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where I can see blue skies from the back of the house. Unfortunately the sun is still behind the clouds visible from the front of the house and it's also damp underfoot from yesterday's rain. Coffee & a light breakfast have just been finished ahead of a quick shopping trip as I've got vouchers for a free doughnut and a free Belgian bun from Lidl which I don't want to go to waste.

Any plans for a bike outing this afternoon will have to take into account Ipswich Town having yet another home match with a 12:30 kick off which means making sure I'm clear of the area by final whistle time to avoid the traffic.

Mike_P

Guru
Creeping up in temperature, currently 3. Still patches of snow / ice about. Car to Waitrose and no yellow sticker offers bought. Bags of oranges were reduced even though they have no best before date on them, just a code with the day of the month as if they think no customer can work it out. Let's see now all the reduced ones have 10B on them and this unreduced bag at the back has 13B on it.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Indeed,
I've noticed this as well. Because people use cars to get as close as possible to where they ned to be, cars have become a sort of "outdoor clothing". You see this in "waterproof" jackets which are "Waterproof" for about two minutes, or shoes that are clearly designed to survive the arduous trek from the car to the office and offer safe grip on carpets the rest of the day. Finding clothes that can handle anything more challenging can be a bit of a pain.

Suitability for real, outdoor use is always my main consideration when buying clothes.

When I was office based, I walked the two miles there and back every day as it wasn't a bike friendly route but I used to be amazed at colleagues who complained about having to park at the other side of the car park and getting soaked walking across it or complaining about it being too cold to walk so far.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Shopping completed and now having a coffee and toast break before I head out again for a bit more fresh air.

Just back from a nice little walk, lovely out there. Spring appears to be springing?
20240210_123551.jpg

20240210_123403.jpg

Top Bottom