Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I've noticed this as well. Because people use cars to get as close as possible to where they ned to be, cars have become a sort of "outdoor clothing". You see this in "waterproof" jackets which are "Waterproof" for about two minutes, or shoes that are clearly designed to survive the arduous trek from the car to the office and offer safe grip on carpets the rest of the day. Finding clothes that can handle anything more challenging can be a bit of a pain.

You can't even find walking jackets that reach to the knees!

tom73

Guru
Just been listening to the food program podcast. About the sad state of health of the people of Nauru, a country that has been totally stripped of minerals by wealthy counties. Now left without means to grow food so is at the mercury of said counties for food. Some of which is even illegal to sell in the counties that sell it on. Because it's that unhealthy. We really are making a mess of this living together as one stuff.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
This morning's 73 plate truck has 720127 kilometres on the odometer and has taken me to Trhapston & Swan Valley. Onwards and upwards to Letchworth and Camborne next.

Nearly three quarters of a million kilometres in about 6 months??? Doesn't it ever stop?

One has 144 breweries, the other 26.

Only one of them had a fantastic global megastar.
Screenshot_20240210_162552_Samsung Internet.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I've noticed this as well. Because people use cars to get as close as possible to where they ned to be, cars have become a sort of "outdoor clothing". You see this in "waterproof" jackets which are "Waterproof" for about two minutes, or shoes that are clearly designed to survive the arduous trek from the car to the office and offer safe grip on carpets the rest of the day. Finding clothes that can handle anything more challenging can be a bit of a pain.

I use Fife Country Clothing. Expensive tho’ at the moment there is a sale on. Lots of things I would like but nothing I really need so card kept firmly out of sight.
Also known as Hoggs of Fife for footwear suitable for countryside use but stylish enough for city.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Library today but it is getting more difficult to find books I want to read. The fiction is mostly crime rubbish and the non fiction hardly exists at all.
I look for travel books and any that are there are ones I requested in the past. Once when I asked for a better selection the only thing they could think of was a pile of tourist guides to European capital cities.
Argyll and Bute council library service is useless.

Nothing noteworthy achieved. Pie and beans just finished as I could not be bothered cooking but tomorrow may try a home made curry. A cast iron pot I used in the past gave the best results. No idea why that should be apart from different hear transfer.
All my cast iron pots went off to the charity shop as part of getting rid of little used stuff.

Top Bottom