Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Really enjoyed that and have a signed CD.

I was also pondering how people react to the cold as I went wearing a t-shirt, jumper, heavy woollen type gents overcoat. There was a guy who walked in wearing shorts and t-shirt! I must be getting old:cold: I suppose I walked over a mile to get there whereas he probably arrived with the intention of parking 6 inches away from the door of the venue.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A bucket, barrel, bowl, bath, saucepan, ...

Bit difficult to get most of those in a small backpack, let alone keep the water inside.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Grey morning and there are spits of rain appearing on my front windows.
Strange Calmac have got no specific disruption warnings and the website shows green. First time for ages that has happened and probably won't last as the fendering work on the pier is possibly going to start soon.
Library day today but nothing else planned.
Just read my electricity meters and horrors the heating one is the highest consumption for a week it has ever been. The thermostats are no higher than previous winters but I always suspected that Total Heat Total Control meant they could fiddle with the timings. I did see an OVO van in the neighbourhood a couple of days ago but no idea why that should be.

There was a bit on BBC Breakfast a few minutes ago about sheep racing. Some people were saying that it was cruel and that animals don't do sport for fun . Well! Years ago I saw a neighbour training a horse on a rope in their paddock. The horse was trotting around in a circle with my neighbour in the centre. A young cow decided to join in and do a bit of skipping and entered the circle trotting in the opposite direction and skipped over the rope . It would have continued but my neighbour stopped it .

Grey morning and there are spits of rain appearing on my front windows.
Strange Calmac have got no specific disruption warnings and the website shows green. First time for ages that has happened and probably won't last as the fendering work on the pier is possibly going to start soon.
Library day today but nothing else planned.
Just read my electricity meters and horrors the heating one is the highest consumption for a week it has ever been. The thermostats are no higher than previous winters but I always suspected that Total Heat Total Control meant they could fiddle with the timings. I did see an OVO van in the neighbourhood a couple of days ago but no idea why that should be.

I wonder if Fujitsu have anything to do with it ? :whistle:

Top Bottom