Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ And it's going to ☔☔☔☔all day, too, according to my forecasts.
Not here it isn't!
IMG_20240208_141259.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just finished lunch in Sheffield. I looked up from the magazine I was reading on the train sometime after leaving Newark Northgate and everything had gone white. Unfortunately by the time I got here the footfall had turned all the paths into a slushy, slippery mess.

Plenty of time for a second 🍺 before I have to leave and book into my hotel.

Good morning. Most of the Furniture and warehouse team are off sick today, so we are all helping out. So far I've dismantled a cupboard and received a load of donations. Oh, and I'm interviewing a new client in 20 minutes.

Just got a phone call; "Umm... can you come back at six? We've messed up the schedule and we need a second person to help close the till..."
Sometimes living 4 minutes from work isn't as good as all that.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Another working day completed
Tomorrow is Friday

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No snow here and low sun meant I decided to go for an icy walk rather than trike.
Fingers get very cold which made me come back sooner than I would have liked as the tips particularly suffer badly. On the trike I can curl my fingers up inside the gloves but not when walking with two sticks.

Calmac as usual causing problems.
The two vessel timetable was supposed to start tomorrow and people have already booked for that but the new times are cancelled due apparently to a strong easterly wind plus loose fendering at Craignure.
The arrival of the vessel has been known about for ages but the local council who own the pier seem to have done nothing about fixing the problem at the pier.
I am not travelling but supposed to be meeting a consultant from Oban hospital who may not arrive. For such appointments I prefer to have them in Oban because if I have to drive 21 miles each way I might as well travel over and do some shopping as well. If the weather is dodgy I go over a day early to be sure of getting there in time.
In the past I used to go over as a foot passenger and walk up to the hospital and the appointments were timed to accommodate this but those days have sadly gone.
Normally unless the ferry is booked solid by touroid it is possible to do a day run by car.

Last edited:
Grey, cold and soggy here chez Casa Reynard.

Which pretty well much sums up my mood right now (and the parental's mood), as I came home without a cat.

No one's fault despite the tricky negotiations, as they'd not originally intended rehoming this particular cat. But in the last day or so, a lump the size of a grape has come up on one of her back legs, just above the hock. I've agreed to wait till the biopsy gets done and their vet tells us what's what, but the speed at which that lump came up is very worrying. It definitely wasn't there last week.

I'm more than happy to home a nine year old cat who is perfectly healthy, but I do not want to home a nine year old cat with issues, or deal with the uncertainty of the situation and the inevitable large vet bills. If it was a cat from CP, they would cover all the vet fees if a cat has a known problem. It is different with a private rehoming. And having lost the Popster to cancer, I really don't want to go down that road in such short order.

We've left things open-ended at the moment, but I think I will probably back out. I hate messing people around, but this is not what I signed up for.

I just need a load of chocolate right now.

Top Bottom