Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry and cold with sun trying to break through the light cloud. No snow forecast for here but perhaps sleet showers.
I have to drive to Craignure 21 miles away tomorrow so I do not want dodgy road conditions.
Got diverted by looking at a Community Council meeting on Zoom.
The printed translation of the speaker's words at the bottom are real comedy. We have been travelling all winter apparently on a freezer ferry. MV Loch Frisa actually and that is only scratching the surface of the comic bits.
Not sure yet what to do today but need to get outdoors and may try a trike run but at the moment the temperature is still about freezing point.

tom73

Guru
Early morning trip to town hoping to miss the worse of the weather. Soon started to rain so got a bit wet once home soon dried off.
At least it was dry for the dog walk so was dry to start with.
Plan looks to have worked though as now the rain has turned to snow which is pretending to be rain. Nothing has settled yet as it's a bit wet but it's steady enough.
Lucky Mrs 73 only has a short walk to the vets with Charlie for his yearly MOT and vaccinations.

He can't; I have a contract until Dec. 31st and "looking for another job" is not a breach of contract. In fact he's required to give me a reference and time off for the interview.

I'm not sure if I want to tell him until it's a bit more certain though. It's going to be a tough call as I genuinely like him and respect him; I don't want to leave, but I can't afford to stay.

I was only kidding. yeah I wouldn't tell either until you have an offer. you can give him the chance to make a counter offer. or you can wait until you accept an offer in writing & have a confirmed start date. I like to take a week off between jobs. I like to give ppl 2 weeks notice but that's not always possible

tom73

Guru
Holding out in the kitchen well Mrs 73 gives her statement. Oral secretions was being talked about just as I closed the door.
Then again stuff like this it's a pretty common day talk in our house.

I was only kidding. yeah I wouldn't tell either until you have an offer. you can give him the chance to make a counter offer. or you can wait until you accept an offer in writing & have a confirmed start date. I like to take a week off between jobs. I like to give ppl 2 weeks notice but that's not always possible

A bit more would be considered fair here, possibly three months or so because of the nature of the work.

I'm also going to be moving house, so I'll need a longer break.

Top Bottom