Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Off out to brave minus 6 for a walk :cold:

I watched a programme about the Normandy landings last night.
It seems hard to believe that they managed to construct all of the concrete casons and steel roadways for 2 Mulberry harbours and organise the construction of them during the middle of the war and in such a short space of time ? All of it done the old fashioned way with pencil and drawing boards. No Autocad and virtual reality.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a dull, overcast, cool and very wet Suffolk. As I'm off to Sheffield in just under an hour, it looks like a warm jacket or fleece as well as a waterproof one will need to be needed for the bits where I'm not on the train or eating/drinking/watching a band.

The first coffee of the day has just been finished with breakfast to be nuked next.

Mike_P

Guru
Ernie has paid up. Then found the Council want most of it for garden bin collections this year. Weather seemed the same as yesterday but as I type this very thin white stuff is settling on the garden table cover and car roof
I think the battery in my Citizen Eco Drive watch may be on its way out . It had stopped in the night at about 1 o'clock . It might be that it's not getting enough light ? :wacko:
Mine did that but had got it in place without enough light. Now hanging over a picture frame.

Top Bottom