Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tell him. he'll give you a permanent day off ... :stop:

He can't; I have a contract until Dec. 31st and "looking for another job" is not a breach of contract. In fact he's required to give me a reference and time off for the interview.

I'm not sure if I want to tell him until it's a bit more certain though. It's going to be a tough call as I genuinely like him and respect him; I don't want to leave, but I can't afford to stay.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
A chilly 3c outside but dry , not sure i will be saying that in 12 hours

Gwylan

Veteran
Strangely after I got home I saw a largish ketch heading up with reduced sail but also under engine power.
I had several boats of various kinds and went up to a Westerly Centaur before my last one which was an 19ft sloop. These along with caravans, motorhomes and camper vans explain my depleted bank accounts.

Sounds familiar territory.

But you have bought memories.

We spent 15 years cruising around with a Seahawk. Several summers around Mull and the environs.
That was after we practised on a 23 footer from Bristol to the Point of Ardnamurchan.

A bike is just not the same, but....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Been reading about a French man who spent 8 years building a model of the Eiffel tower out of match sticks. Has been turned down for a world record because he's used the wrong sort of match sticks. If you don't look up the rules before you start what do you expect?

Allumette, gentille allumette, allumette, je t'allumerai.

Sorry, as you were.

classic33

Leg End Member
He can't; I have a contract until Dec. 31st and "looking for another job" is not a breach of contract. In fact he's required to give me a reference and time off for the interview.

I'm not sure if I want to tell him until it's a bit more certain though. It's going to be a tough call as I genuinely like him and respect him; I don't want to leave, but I can't afford to stay.
Mention that piece in bold, saying it's part of the reason for looking employment elsewhere/closer to home.

postman

Squire
Been reading about a French man who spent 8 years building a model of the Eiffel tower out of match sticks. Has been turned down for a world record because he's used the wrong sort of match sticks. If you don't look up the rules before you start what do you expect?

i have just been informed i have the World record of having the most washing ever on a line.its a lot to take in.

tyred

Legendary Member
The "deposit" is supposed to be going down in June, when everywhere that sells the cans/bottles must have one.

I don't think there is any legal obligation to opt into it at all and nobody actually needs to have the machine. Small shops that don't have room for machines are perfectly entitled to accept the bottles over the counter and give you change from the till.

Top Bottom