Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
My working day is completed

I got wet feet!
I went out for a ride this afternoon. It was my usual ride over to my brother's . The river was up after last night's inch of rain . The water level was almost coming through onto the road. The road the other side was flooded but there is a raised walkway which I used. I didn't expect a flood further up which I had to go through to get to my brother's. The water didn't look that deep . It wet over my ankles as I had to pedal through it . The water was cold ! Another 12 miles.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
My laptop's bottom left mouse button has lost an end, But it still works & I have the top one if needed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I loved cruising Mull and the surroundings.

I am struggling not to be jealous of the yacht. Then I look at my bank balance and remember why.

Strangely after I got home I saw a largish ketch heading up with reduced sail but also under engine power.
I had several boats of various kinds and went up to a Westerly Centaur before my last one which was an 19ft sloop. These along with caravans, motorhomes and camper vans explain my depleted bank accounts.

Had a lovely luncheon of pate on toast, followed by a nectarine and a tangerine, as well as two :cuppa:

Spare litter tray has been acquired. The nearest pet shop (in Littleport) is very dog-centric, so only two options. One much too small i.e. kitten-sized, and the other was a top-entry one which Lexi won't use as she likes to perch on the edge of the tray. The independent pet shop in Ely came up trumps though, with a "giant" sized standard tray with an incurving lip. Well, it certainly would be too small for a Maine Coon, but is more than adequate for an average-sized cat. Also picked up an extra water bowl, as I, for the life of me, can't find the ones that I know I have.

On returning home, I played tetris in the freezer. There was just enough room to get the salmon and the turkey in, but I kept one breast steak by for Madam Lexi. Who has demolished the portion that I've given her. Also made a big pot of roasted squash, garlic & potato soup. Just letting it cool slightly before I blend it and check whether it needs any more seasoning.

Internet seems to be nice and stable again.

Top Bottom