Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
I am seriously thinking of going to Costa in Headingley,to annoy the lovely staff there.Well i do have a free drink to come.And i cannot annoy anyone here inside number 23,nobody take any notice of me.

cookiemonster

Squire
Daughter in Law is Chinese and she's heading off with hubby and 5 year old daughter to visit elderly mum and dad who live in Harbin. A bit of a trek for them. The last time they visited as a family they arrived just in time for lockdown so spent a couple of months restricted to the parents apartment with limited visits to the shops and local park.

Oooo…Harbin is a place I really want to go to, especially for the ice festival.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ha ha,i was given a gift by the Nhs a few months ago.It is called brain fog.i will swap it for a bang on the head.

I get brain fog from time to time, and the occasional feeling of being completely overwhelmed by situations that I would normally take in my stride. Consultant said it was an occasional side effect of low blood oxygen. Still quite frustrating though.

tom73

Guru
Afternoon dog walk was a bit shorter than normal thanks to clueless dog owners. Who have no idea about controlling on and off the lead.
I mean how hard is it if your dog has a go at another one call it back use a lead and stay out the way till it's safe. No lets follow the dog round the park. :sad:
Then on the way home we almost got taken out by an e-scooter clearly chipped going flat out. Told him what I thought he then came after me, ignored him soon got message and left. It's the same one who was all over the road and though a cross roads on red yesterday.
The little darling even has no energy to stand up as he's got a little seat on pole.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Negotiating getting rid of the static caravan at the moment. We were told 'that's it, upgrade or move on' last year.

This morning, they have said we can stay another year as we are such good customers. Unfortunately, we've cleared it out, and have made other plans (like booked weekends away etc) which works out way cheaper than paying ground rent. We're also fed up of funding the boss' new £100k Range Rover and the two Tesla's they have just bought !

And, I've now got a garage full of camping gear - glamping style.

classic33

Leg End Member
1707311999857.png

Tenkaykev

Guru
Oooo…Harbin is a place I really want to go to, especially for the ice festival.

Yes , Brother in law lived there for a while and did go to the ice festival. He was telling me how utterly cold it is, and how he had to wear multiple layers and plan each outing. It's up near the border with Siberia iirc. I expect even a Geordie might need to wear a vest under their t shirt 🥶🥶
EDIT: Stepson, not BIL
🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom