Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a nice sunny day but bitterly cold wind. Got out for a walk and an abortive trip to the charity shop donation container.
The whole dump is being reorganised or something so the container is away until probably next week.
I should be down near the actual shop later this week so I can check as they used to have a shed for donations. I have far too much kitchen stuff so that is being gradually sorted and donated.
The sun is still a bit low and dazzling for drivers so a bit doubtful of getting a trike run tho’ I may go down to Loch na Keal on the next suitable day. Forecast for Thursday looks ok so far.
Just had a nice bit of venison which is something I have not had for ages. We used to eat all sorts of wild caught food which we dived for or fished ourselves as well as the occasional red deer which staggered into the kitchen and collapsed on the floor waiting to be chopped up for our freezer. We became quite proficient butchers which is a matter of knowing where to cut.

I've always been a closet Leeds fan, but let's see how the Argyle get on.

tyred

Legendary Member
I took the recycling to the bottle bank and bought some groceries after work.

I see my supermarket now has installed the bottle and recycling thingy where the bottles and drinks cans with the new recycling label and return deposit added to the price can go and I get my cash back. Just like the good old days of picking up empty bottles! Nice idea (which I fully support) in theory but we'll see how it works in practice. Amazing how so many of the comments on the online newspaper article seem to see it as a rip-off and an offence to their dignity and find all sorts of reasons why it is stupid.

I was going to go for a ride but I'm tired, and there is an ice risk I think as the temperature has really dropped. Snow forecast for Thursday. Will be a change from wind and rain. Time to listen to some music.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I was told this afternoon that the tandem rotor helicopter overhead this afternoon was a Sikorksy CH 37. I thought it was a Chinook. :scratch:

Just now, I tried to look them up on tinternet, but that tells me the Sikorksy is a Russian 'copter that has been retired from service. Does anyone know what it would have been? Has Herefordshire now invaded Worcestershire?

Sikorsky helicopters were invented by a Russian emigre, who fled after the Boshevik unpleasantness . Started out building planes but was always at the forefront of helicopter technology.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A blowy and latterly a bit wet here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept, but it was not restful - as is usually the case in the run up to this particular time of the month. Have had a quiet day just doing some stuff in the kitchen and working on my database. I think I have under 30 drawings to go, so on the finishing stretch. By the weekend, I should be able to turn over the completed database. Will be glad to have that sorted. Then it's back to completing the research and the catalogues.

My internet has been yo-yo-y all day again. I have noticed that the outside wire going from the house to pole has some damaged sheathing and is swinging in the wind far more than it should be. I suspect that is the cause, as it's been more stable now that the wind has dropped and changed direction. I sense that a communication with BT is in order, as any external wiring is up to them to fix.

It seems that I have been successfully interviewed for the position of Human to the Assistant Feline SuPURRvisor. Her current Humans have needed some persuasion, but they have finally agreed on the basis that she will have a far better life here with me, away from entire male cats and an avalanche of Westies. I just hope that Madam Lexi won't be too offended...

Anyways, going to sign off for now, as I've got a load of onions to deal with.

Good luck with your pussible candidacy.

classic33

Leg End Member
I took the recycling to the bottle bank and bought some groceries after work.

I see my supermarket now has installed the bottle and recycling thingy where the bottles and drinks cans with the new recycling label and return deposit added to the price can go and I get my cash back. Just like the good old days of picking up empty bottles! Nice idea (which I fully support) in theory but we'll see how it works in practice. Amazing how so many of the comments on the online newspaper article seem to see it as a rip-off and an offence to their dignity and find all sorts of reasons why it is stupid.

I was going to go for a ride but I'm tired, and there is an ice risk I think as the temperature has really dropped. Snow forecast for Thursday. Will be a change from wind and rain. Time to listen to some music.
There's a problem with those "banks".
Any money got from them can only be spent where you return the bottles/cans, nowhere else.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I tink I was one 'very' short in my description of the weather this morning - it turned out to be very very windy. Not bad enough to need the car, but 'interesting' on the ride to Dad's place and then on to Mum's afterwards.
It's been raining steadily since it got dark, but I'm nice & warm & dry indoors so I don't care.
Plans have been made for tomorrow.

Top Bottom