Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
A thought occurred to me this afternoon whilst commuting to work in my late Mum's Vauxhall Agila as I wasn't well enough to ride in:

"Does the car you drive affect how people treat you on the road?"

Ignoring SWMBO's Honda Jazz as I rarely drive it I've access to three cars regularly, each with different benefits:
  • Peugeot Partner Tepee (Berlingo clone) - it's old, very battered and gives an "I don't care" image. I can't remember when it was last washed by son no. 2 but it won't be in the last year. Drivers appear to deliberately not take any chances being aggressive with it since it's already got a pile of dents, none of which we actually did.
  • Honda CR-V - the car I won in 2022. It's big, white and looks imposing. Drivers keep away and tend not to be aggressive.
  • Vauxhall Agila - my late Mum's 'shopping' car. It looks like it's driven by an old person slowly. Aggressive drivers keep trying to cut in / chop me up / pull out on me. Erm ... nope, that won't work!
Yes, I could put this in the 'Motoring' sub-forum, but don't want to start an argument. Oh, and I do try to drive defensively.

Try driving a Nissan note great car and as they are normally driven by grandparents you can surprise people with some manoeuvres on the road

Morning .
It is grey and wet out .
I'm not sure if I will walk to the men's Shed later,it will be in the new place which I'm not too keen on. I'm starting to go off the shed . It's starting to lose its appeal. The workshop has been fitted out for woodworking only and hasn't really enough room for tea and chats . That is the main reason why it is being held there today to see how many of us will fit in . Several people have left, one through I'll health , one now in Australia. There are a couple of old chaps that I get on with and have a laugh with. I think I preferred the shed how it used to be when we were shed less.

Change of mood ! Georgie is climbing the carpet! He's having a funny 5 minutes!

tyred

Legendary Member
I managed to dodge the showers on my perambulation. Now all ready to begin work for the week.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A thought occurred to me this afternoon whilst commuting to work in my late Mum's Vauxhall Agila as I wasn't well enough to ride in:

"Does the car you drive affect how people treat you on the road?"

Ignoring SWMBO's Honda Jazz as I rarely drive it I've access to three cars regularly, each with different benefits:
  • Peugeot Partner Tepee (Berlingo clone) - it's old, very battered and gives an "I don't care" image. I can't remember when it was last washed by son no. 2 but it won't be in the last year. Drivers appear to deliberately not take any chances being aggressive with it since it's already got a pile of dents, none of which we actually did.
  • Honda CR-V - the car I won in 2022. It's big, white and looks imposing. Drivers keep away and tend not to be aggressive.
  • Vauxhall Agila - my late Mum's 'shopping' car. It looks like it's driven by an old person slowly. Aggressive drivers keep trying to cut in / chop me up / pull out on me. Erm ... nope, that won't work!
Yes, I could put this in the 'Motoring' sub-forum, but don't want to start an argument. Oh, and I do try to drive defensively.

I think it does. I had a VW T2 van with big steel bumpers and the spare was mounted in front with a celtic dog symbol painted on. Pretty useless and expensive to run vehicle actually but I did over 100,000 miles in it with no aggravation.
Changed to a brand new Bedford Rascal which was totally different in that there were constant attempts at bullying and assertive behaviour by other vehicle drivers.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It is not so far raining and the wind has gone for now. Ferries are running normally. Strange
It appears much warmer in the house with less wind even tho' the forecast temperature is below freezing tonight and at zero today.
FB is full of tales about the dreadful road conditions and flooding everywhere.
Last night's dream I had a white luton probably 3 ton van which I never had in real life, nor wanted either and somebody phoned me offering a standby electricity generator which they had for sale. That latter probably sparked off by reading about a generator fire on a wind farm construction site in Shetland.
Interesting dreams most nights but like all dreams the memory of them fades quickly.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a grey, overcast and very windy Suffolk. I think this morning's coffee may have been made a bit strong as my mind is buzzing. Nothing planned for today, but I may pop out and drop my stepmother's birthday card & present off a day early as there appears to be the possibility of better weather tomorrow so I fancy a day out.

Top Bottom