Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Another mild dog walk and it’s getting lighter too. It’s noticeable more bird song around and the foxes are going off home sooner.

Ours was mild too, but we had some rain at one point, presaging what was to come.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was told this afternoon that the tandem rotor helicopter overhead this afternoon was a Sikorksy CH 37. I thought it was a Chinook. :scratch:

Just now, I tried to look them up on tinternet, but that tells me the Sikorksy is a Russian 'copter that has been retired from service. Does anyone know what it would have been? Has Herefordshire now invaded Worcestershire?

Mike_P

Guru
If the weather forecast was to be believed today was a wash out but by 11 a clear sky appeared. Walk to the Co-Op, £2.10 off a bag of oranges, minced beef hotpot and corned beef hash.

Hospital phoned, apparently I do not need the other tablets any longer.

It was clearly too fine to stay in so the ebike out on a possible shopping trip but first to grab pub G. Then I decided for H to go Knaresborough. The Nidd was just within its normal watercourse. Decided to visit the big Lidl which turned out to be absent of the same things as the nearer smaller one. Then back to Harrogate town centre for pub I. 14.86 miles

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I was told this afternoon that the tandem rotor helicopter overhead this afternoon was a Sikorksy CH 37. I thought it was a Chinook. :scratch:

Just now, I tried to look them up on tinternet, but that tells me the Sikorksy is a Russian 'copter that has been retired from service. Does anyone know what it would have been? Has Herefordshire now invaded Worcestershire?
The Sikorsky CH37 isn't a twin rotor helicopter, the 47 is, as you said.

I think you're safe on the invasion front.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Busy kind of day, today! Short walkies with Bonnie to shake things loose (💩) before daughter picked us up to drive to Pitsford Res for our 7 mile circuit. This is her 3rd 10k+ walk for Lowdown, a kids mental health charity, and I had the chance to join her.
Once back, I put the Brommie in daughters car so she could drop me at the chemists near hers to pick up MrsPete's prescription, then a 7 mile ride, into the wind, back home.

Time for a restful evening now. 👍

A blowy and latterly a bit wet here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept, but it was not restful - as is usually the case in the run up to this particular time of the month. Have had a quiet day just doing some stuff in the kitchen and working on my database. I think I have under 30 drawings to go, so on the finishing stretch. By the weekend, I should be able to turn over the completed database. Will be glad to have that sorted. Then it's back to completing the research and the catalogues.

My internet has been yo-yo-y all day again. I have noticed that the outside wire going from the house to pole has some damaged sheathing and is swinging in the wind far more than it should be. I suspect that is the cause, as it's been more stable now that the wind has dropped and changed direction. I sense that a communication with BT is in order, as any external wiring is up to them to fix.

It seems that I have been successfully interviewed for the position of Human to the Assistant Feline SuPURRvisor. Her current Humans have needed some persuasion, but they have finally agreed on the basis that she will have a far better life here with me, away from entire male cats and an avalanche of Westies. I just hope that Madam Lexi won't be too offended...

Anyways, going to sign off for now, as I've got a load of onions to deal with.

Top Bottom