Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Looks dry
Cloud cover

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bus driver took a wrong turn on our way to Wimborne this morning so we had a bit of a detour. He explained it was only his second day on that route. There was a fair bit of good natured banter, offers to drive the bus etc.

That does remind me of an occasion I was on the service bus at Craignure collecting touroid from the ferry. Driver sitting in his seat taking fares when an uncouth looking figure appeared.
"Hullo Duncan how are you today, can I sit in your seat for wee while?"
" I like this how do you start it up, is it this button here?"
"Sounds good I often fancied driving one of these things can I have a go?"
Duncan replies " Sure I am off for my tea break anyway"
Passengers are getting a bit restive and looking nervous as the bus pulls out.
In fact Ludge as he was known as was the designated driver.

Gwylan

Veteran
A morning commited to community service. A little bike ride to the venue
Theb tea, coffee and bacon butties for the working party.
Maybe the chance to give Hercules a warm bath in the fresh air and knock out some trip reports.
Grave danger of attempting multi tasking. Always manage to make it fail.
Hey ho.
A velo

tyred

Legendary Member
I do think my new nasal spray is starting to work. Definitely less gunged up than usual this morning.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The sun is actually shining just now but the forecast is not good.
Spat starting on FB.
Too many "incomers" here now who have an unknown history. For some who come here it is thieves paradise as things lie around openly and doors are not locked.
This latest spat was sparked off by a cement mixer being removed and the owner is not happy.
Problem is that if the perpetrator is found there tends to be action taken which does not involve police. Effective but not entirely legal.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's my ONS winter covid testing window today. I've a couple of minutes while it stews.

My polytonal crow is very close this morning but frustratingly invisible. I want to get a picture of it in mid-caw.
For the first time in a good while there's a new goldfinch singing in the neighbourhood. It's not the one from before and it has chosen a further away place to sing from.

Top Bottom