Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Low cloud and damp filthy roads and paths greeted the ebike as it had its first 2024 visit to Waitrose. The ultra hilly way there. The Council are at last completely resurfacing one of the roads on the non dedicated cycling route to/from town and the state of it on Thursday meant I doubted the ebikes chunky tyres would not get stuck in a rut.
A couple of yellow sticker offerings in Waitrose picked up, the Blackcurrant mousses are dated for Wednesday but they do have an habit of mega early yellow stickering.
Made a start on the bike in front of a pub challenge with ABC done which did entail crossing the rutted road.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the morning sunshine is being slowly replaced by cloud cover. I think I am becoming highly practised at lying in bed doing nothing apart from listening to the radio on my days off. It's almost time for the second coffee of the day along with a very late breakfast or early lunch.

tom73

Guru
Following on for last night a quick look at the car and it's clear what the issues is. One of the exhaust hangers has broken lucky it's reachable with out jacking the car up. Good job as i'm not equipped to do it anyway , so looks like its patch up job till the garage can fit a new one. Guess it will be me laying down under the car fixing it can't see Mrs 73 doing it. It can wait till later don't need the car this weekend.

foot ice pack.jpg

ice packs do feel good. too much meat y'all

Mike_P

Guru
Suddenly dawned on me I meant to get some bananas this morning. Also needed some apples so a quick look at the available offers and off to Lidl which conveniently allowed for pubs D and E to be acquired outbound and F on the return. The cloud had blown away and the sun was out, with the adverse result of a rather strong westerly; the ebike put on mid assist in locations where none is normally used.

Top Bottom