Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Great sky this evening.
View attachment 720464

We had something like that lat night & then a red sky this morning.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain and wind has not let up all day.
Took the car down the street and managed to park within walking distance of the offending bank renovations and the shop with the death notice in the window. Somebody with a double barrelled name I have never heard of living some distance away. Got to be a settler as most of them seem to have weird names.
The street in this area is littered with slate fragments and I had a good look in case of nails but none to be seen. The bank building has been getting renovated externally for nearly a year and will be closing for two weeks soon for interior renovation.
This information came from the local Post Office advertising bank business while all this is happening.
It would appear that Virgin Money has no intention of closing this branch since all the renovation must be expensive.
The Royal Bank and Bank of Scotland have mobile banks which should come here every week but they have not been coming regularly for some time now because they often cannot get a return ferry booking at the end of the working day. :ohmy:

Oban hospital is chasing me up by phone before they send out an outpatient appointment by letter. This will be locally at the hospital here but no idea why since there are a variety of possibilities. One of the problems of getting ancient.
I prefer to go to Oban normally but the ferries are so unreliable it can be a problem and in any case getting a booking at short notice is probably impossible. There is a scheme afoot that 3 places are kept unbooked until the last couple of hours for emergency use but getting a return may not work.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
1st real dry warmish day for a while so been a day of coaching up an the washing. Got a bit of back log so make a start on the 2 loads of bedding. After one lot of normal washing most has dried off on the line , the rest is now airing on the clothes horse.
Time to take the dyson on the floor walk then :cuppa: , Charles clanging his dish telling me he finished so best get his chew before anything else.

Gwylan

Veteran
This quite mundane: Ars(e)Technica discusses the thrilling science of flushing the loo.

Personally, lid closed seems the better option:
- looks neater
- prevents splashes
- Stops the cats drinking from the bowl

What's really needed is for science to come up with a way of ensuring people don't 'miss' all over the floor. FFS, sit!!!!!

Oh no. We're off on the sit or stand debate again.

I'll need a comfy chair for this

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
It helps that two of the people work mostly from home, and one works within cycling distance. Child care (one child) is not a problem, and doggy day care (one dog) is not a problem. Elderly parents are a very short walk away. Tis an excellent idea I think.
Aye, when streets were communities and everyone was on good terms with pretty much everyone in said street. :okay:

tyred

Legendary Member
Enjoyed my half-day. Took a walk up the town to do some errands and for a browse in the second-hand book/record/assorted weird things shop. I see they are selling of Christmas records and CDs cheap but who on earth would want them?:wacko:

Despite the deteriorating weather, I ventured out for about 25 miles on the bike. Got very stormy, almost enough to bring me to a halt in one place. I also got somewhat damp. We really need another storm because we haven't had enough of them recently.:thumbsdown:

Now getting ready to have my Friday pie and chips and I have two bottles of my favourite beer to drink and a new CD to listen to.

classic33

Leg End Member
Enjoyed my half-day. Took a walk up the town to do some errands and for a browse in the second-hand book/record/assorted weird things shop. I see they are selling of Christmas records and CDs cheap but who on earth would want them?:wacko:

Despite the deteriorating weather, I ventured out for about 25 miles on the bike. Got very stormy, almost enough to bring me to a halt in one place. I also got somewhat damp. We really need another storm because we haven't had enough of them recently.:thumbsdown:

Now getting ready to have my Friday pie and chips and I have two bottles of my favourite beer to drink and a new CD to listen to.
We have the “Troll from Trondheim” on its way.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Oh no. We're off on the sit or stand debate again.
No debate necessary, civilised people sit because it's undeniable fact that urinating from height causes splashing.
And has a risk of missing.

(If the debate about toilets is bad, what about urinating in the shower?)

I'll need a comfy chair for this
I hadn't considered commodes.

Top Bottom