Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Still wind and rain.
I want to go down the street and stop to look into a shop window and perhaps go inside.
The trouble is that the Clydesdale Bank [ now Virgin] has been covered in scaffolding for months and has been causing a major obstruction which is still a nuisance.
It used to be possible to tuck into the corner with the car for a brief stop but this is currently impossible. I saw yesterday that there was a notice posted in the window where the death notices are always put but I could not stop without blocking the street to check who had died. It is important here to know such things in case it needs attendance at a funeral. Since I have been away for over a week I am not up to date on such things.
There is also a new edition of the local directory being planned so I need to go into the shop to check my entry is up to date.

tom73

Guru
It's been a lovely day here - cool but bright, and a fabby sunset on the way home.

Unfortunately the interview for a suPURRvisor did not go to plan, as the interviewer flatly refused to come out of her cat house and introduce herself. She was a very pretty girl (her current Human did winkle her out eventually), but sadly is too timid to fit in here - Madam Lexi would have her for breakfast.

But the friend who came with me is thinking of homing her instead, so it wasn't a wasted journey. I have absolved myself of any culpability in this matter. :whistle:

We did however, have lots of other cat cuddles and doggy cuddles (the Human had several Westies) and played fetch with the doggos. My lasting impression of Westies are little barrels on legs with not much steering and even less in the way of brakes. They *were* fun though. TBH, there are far less fun ways of spending an afternoon.

Turkey & chickpea Madras with rice and green chilli sauce for supper. Now chilling by the fire listening to the footy.

Not all Westies are barrels none of ours have been though it's common to find them. They are all or nothing dogs either sleeping even then they are alert ready for anything or in a playful being a little tyke mode. Lucky she can have them and cats in there some house cats are high on westies nemesis list. Being terriers they do have an independent mind they don't suffer fools. Definitely not a lap dog they do like cuddles and good fuss when they want it.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's brightening up nicely after a bit of a misty, grotty start to the day. As much as I'd like to be out on the bike this afternoon, there's various domestics that need doing first and I really ought to sort out the puncture on the ebike as well.

Nothing from ERNIE this month.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well with a slice of toast with a mixed topping of lemon curd one side and red jam the other side

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This quite mundane: Ars(e)Technica discusses the thrilling science of flushing the loo.

Personally, lid closed seems the better option:
- looks neater
- prevents splashes
- Stops the cats drinking from the bowl

What's really needed is for science to come up with a way of ensuring people don't 'miss' all over the floor. FFS, sit!!!!!

We had a cat who always tried to drink from the loo so the lid had to be kept down all the time when not in use. I was frightened she would slip and get drowned. To add to the problem she only had one front leg as a result of a gin trap incident.
The other cat we had at the time only had one eye after a cat fight so the pair of them used to sit on the wall outside our house and get fussed over by the touroid hordes.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It is now confirmed that we have an invasion in this street. A nice sort of invasion. There are now seven members of the same family occupying four different houses in this street. ^_^

This used to be the way of things many decades ago.

It helps that two of the people work mostly from home, and one works within cycling distance. Child care (one child) is not a problem, and doggy day care (one dog) is not a problem. Elderly parents are a very short walk away. Tis an excellent idea I think.

Also as the larger things like mowers, pressure washers etc stop working, they do not buy another one, just borrow from the others.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It is now confirmed that we have an invasion in this street. A nice sort of invasion. There are now seven members of the same family occupying four different houses in this street. ^_^

This used to be the way of things many decades ago.

It helps that two of the people work mostly from home, and one works within cycling distance. Child care (one child) is not a problem, and doggy day care (one dog) is not a problem. Elderly parents are a very short walk away. Tis an excellent idea I think.

Also as the larger things like mowers, pressure washers etc stop working, they do not buy another one, just borrow from the others.

I hope they celebrate all 7 birthdays quietly.

Top Bottom