Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's a grey, misty, damp and thoroughly uninspiring start to the day. Very little planned for the morning & afternoon except for a bit of tidying up and a shopping trip, then I'm off to Cambridge for the first gig of 2024 - Margaret Glaspy at the Portland Arms.

Mike_P

Guru
I've just found a pair of prescription specs that I had made up specifically for looking at the laptop screen. Much clearer than my varifocals.

Sat down to WAH and my computer specs went flying as I moved a piece of paper. Somehow they had turned through ninety degrees and buried themselves in the cabling behind a old Windows XP desktop on a shelf just above floor level. I keep that as I cannot find a driver for W10 or W11 that works an A3 scanner I have.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Above and beyond service by RM and eBay seller. Order placed Friday around half five just delivered second class.
My smart meter is seemingly not communicating again as I have to supply gas and electric readings. The in house display is fine.

Sounds like ours which is now looks to be working again. How long it last is the question. I find no point ever phoning about them. You never get any help or get them to fix it. They just pass the buck to who ever they can think of at the time.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Been chucking down here since the early hours; the noise of the rain woke me.
Last evenings loaf cut; decided I am definitely not impressed with the new wooden bread cutting I bought before Christmas as it plainly wasn't the old knife leading to thick slices. Seems the guide has a choice of thick or mammoth sized slices.

Our local baker have a bread slicing machine that can do two thicknesses for the whole loaf simultaneously 😮
I know the ladies who work there quite well and often stop for a natter. I haven't yet summoned up the courage to take on of my own home made loaves in and asked them to put it through their magic machine 😁

So that's the house electrics all tested for another 5 years. He's even renewed the smoke alarm , think I will take down the temporary replacement battery one they fitted at the gas check. Otherwise it going to get a bit confusing if ones go's off when faulty. As it is the hard wire ones are in paired.

do the hardwired ones have battery backup?
do you have carbon monoxide detectors?

Top Bottom