Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
do the hardwired ones have battery backup?
do you have carbon monoxide detectors?

Yes they have a 10 year built in back up (hence why they renew them) , yes we have it become a legal requirement for social housing a few years ago. Checking both types is also part of the annual gas safety check.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Still grey, damp and misty over here in the east - if this continues I may not go to Cambridge as these are the worst conditions to drive in when it's dark.

My mood hasn't been helped by a very slow puncture on the ebike while out shopping. It was one of those that just needed a quick top up of air every 3 or 4 miles until it suddenly failed completely a couple of miles from home.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry and cold but mostly sunny with very little wind.
A neighbour we had in the shop used to come in and say "We'll pey fur this". Cheery old soul.

A nice trike run from base up the Moss Road and on to Benderloch village before returning via the Ledaig camp site.
Lots of snowdrops and the council have been busy on the Moss Rd since my last visit. Deep ditches dug beside the road probably to try to stop the road surface continually sinking and cracking up as this section is as the name suggests over a large bog.
My fingers suffer badly in the cold weather but we should soon be into less cold weather I hope.

Took a mad turn and bought an Air Fryer and then did a bit of vegetable shopping to save time tomorrow so I do not need to be on the road too early despite the ferry sailing time being earlier than advertised.
Went into Lidl for food shop which was a mistake but it is not easy to do a right turn here to return to Aldi or Tesco.
Mistake because the main door was broken and barred so a long detour to a side door and the toilets are still not working. There is not a level surface anywhere around and wheeling a laden trolley was a nightmare.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
My regular dog walking boots having worn through the soles (nearly 2 years, not bad) & barely used heavyweight boots started to rot I decided to buy some new boots. Ouch.

They're OTT for dog walking really but I found I was buying cheap boots every 6 months which was costing more. And they are sooo comfortable.

tom73

Guru
Just been reading a very posh Paris restaurant with a wine list that is so heavy they bring it out to you on trolly. Has some how "lost" £1.3m worth of wine. In the mean time Paris has been seeing farmers blocking road calling for income and more sustainable food.
Maybe wrong but something is not quite right.
It maybe a posh restaurant but I bet it can't do good fish and chips for toffee or a proper good pie.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Took a mad turn and bought an Air Fryer and then did a bit of vegetable shopping to save time tomorrow so I do not need to be on the road too early despite the ferry sailing time being earlier than advertised.

I doubt you'll be disappointed with your air fryer. My wife was sceptical, but now we use it like a mini fan oven. Really useful.

Top Bottom