Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
What seemed like a reasonable start to the day regarding weather has turned nasty. Now cold, wet and windy so no point in going out unless I have something definite to do.
Forecast for tomorrow looks dry and sunny but cold.
I fancy a circuit of Loch Creran as there is not much traffic but the sun does not rise above the hills at this time of year.
OTOH parking there is handy for the cycle path and i want to check one short section where width could be a problem for the trike. Bollards delineate the edge of the path/carriageway and the main road traffic is too fast with bad sight lines for motor traffic so not safe. I have seen numerous cars nose first in the ditches and one multiple shunt with one car overturned. It got so bad they now have steel crash barriers either side but not where the cycle path is.

A well known TV wildlife camera man from Mull has just put out a photo of an Isle of Mull lorry he came across in Zambia complete with owner/driver from Mull apparently doing a delivery of the lorry.
Cue lots of quips about having a wee run while waiting on the next ferry to actually sail.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lunchtime stroll completed under milky white skies and a chilly breeze.
Noticed a few snow drops out in bud en route.
February starts this week.
an Isle of Mull lorry he came across in Zambia complete with owner/driver from Mull apparently doing a delivery of the lorry.
Cue lots of quips about having a wee run while waiting on the next ferry to actually sail.

It's not uncommon for a lot of the pre electronicly managed engined trucks of the 80-2000's era to end up in Africa where regulations are easier than they are in the majority of Europe.

Mike_P

Guru
Well two items found in the Ilkley Tesco that are not locally available, thanks to Morrisons and Sainsbury's destocking their versions. Wharfedale was a couple of degrees warmer than here and stacks of cyclists about as normal. Less so out of the valley, saw five in total, one clearly from his tops billowing getting windswept across the moor.
The construction of the new road at Blubberhouses has started so the end of Cote de Blubberhouses approaches.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
MrsPete & I have just watched the final episode of Blacklist.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I admit to a tendency to go off topic in various threads and this might be better in Food and Drink.
In my whisky days we had a visit from a party of French gastronomic journalists who we also had to entertain for lunch.
There was only one eatery willing to rise to the challenge known locally as “ Fawlty Towers”.
Better not to ask why.
One dish was haggis which one of them declared to be much better with a generous dollop of malt whisky which everybody else had to try as well. All were in favour of this addition.
My wife was also there as a recipe consultant for Scottish recipes but got into a terrible fancle with a recipe for
Le Scone.
What is French for Cream of Tartar? The interpreter had no idea but this was all written down with an eye to publication when back in France.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom