Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
No it's via the sparks/M&S app no need to link any payment card as long as you scan your sparks card it show up automatically.
If you mean a physical sparks card then maybe so but I've never had one. They also no longer issues replacements

Found the digital receipts, They do not however give the import info of how much is left on a gift card hence the necessity of a paper receipt.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It’s not a given though and governments can and do and do change the goal posts. The cost pre drug can change at anytime. Governments move items around. I remember well labour moving statins when they got common off list A to list B. They also back dated it 6 months “ claw back” cost the Coop millions at the time. It took a year to fully clear off the account. Most common drugs you’re only looking at pence per script.
It’s also worth saying for information if anyone is wondering. That pharmacies receive none of the prescription charge. It’s just part of government income like taxers are.

There are no prescription charges in Scotland so far as patients are concerned. It is all paid by the infamous Scottish government.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks dry and not too windy where I am currently situated but the morning ferries have just been cancelled due to wind and swell.
They used to go up round the top of the island of Lismore under those conditions to take the swell on bow or stern thus preventing too much rolling. No idea why this has been stopped but probably because of computer generated systems not allowing any leeway regarding times of sailing.
I plan on a relaxed day but this will probably not happen given the way my plans usually fall apart.

gmail is currently bothering me and I have to keep resetting the password which works for a while and then connection gets dropped with no warning. This is my main address currently so I miss important messages initially.
I am beginning to hate being ruled by computers.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the cold and frosty start to the day has been countered by a large mug of coffee and a warm duvet.

Looks like it's going to be another bright & sunny day so I will be heading out for a couple of hours later - the problem will be getting the timing right to go through Ipswich to avoid the football crowds before and after the FA Cup match which has a 12:30 kick off.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the cold and frosty start to the day has been countered by a large mug of coffee and a warm duvet.

Looks like it's going to be another bright & sunny day so I will be heading out for a couple of hours later - the problem will be getting the timing right to go through Ipswich to avoid the football crowds before and after the FA Cup match which has a 12:30 kick off.
You managed a full duvet!
How big, single, double or king size?

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning.

I've tightened the bolts holding the toilet seat down.
Owdo

Will the seat still remain upright on its own now?

Mike_P

Guru
Pretty dismal weather 7 but feels less warm than yesterday due to being overcast rather than sunny.
Found a benefit of a self serve till. Waitrose this am and the total seemed rather high so looked through the list of purchased goods and noticed a £3.52 pie was listed as £5.45. Discussion and inspection of the shelf with a staff member saw the price reduced. Also had a £1 mobile app voucher for it.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I was in a big Boots a couple of days ago because the lanyard for my glasses had given up the ghost. Their self-service tills don't let you buy Boots Opticians goods. This meant that I had to queue twice - first to find out where they were and second to pay for the damn thing after the self-service till refused to go beep. They only had one lanyard there and I wanted two so I was sent upstairs to the non-Opticians eye-wear (!?!?) section. Which of course meant faffing around at another self-service till. It would have been quicker to buy some rubber bands and make one for myself. Cheaper too.

The sort of company Boots is now a part of is only interested in maximising profits.

They've been planning on closing a number of stores for years. The chemists are losing money hand over fist.

Probably because they don't understand their business.

Last edited:
Top Bottom