Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

tom73

Guru
I see that people are now being fleeced by scam QR codes on parking meters. That was a bright idea doing away with cash machines in car parks?
With people putting fake stickers over them and me wanting to fill in the blank spaces to create crosswords who could ever forsee a problem with them ? :wacko:

The basic rule is don’t trust QR codes in public placers when it’s anything to do with money. Always download payment apps from official app stores. It tells you which parking app they use. A national parking payment app is being worked on. It won’t be anything soon however.

There is a story going round that the Tesco supermarket in the town is going to move into the vacant Wilko which used to be a large Co Op.
The down side is it will only be taking a small part and will be downsizing into a small convenience store. This will be another blow to the town centre. I can see that Tesco have been a bit unfairly treated over the years . They are the only supermarket which has remained in the town . Sainsbury's and Safeway moved to the outskirts of town years ago. Possibly due to car parking charges. We now have Sainsbury's , Morrisons , Aldi and Lidl on the outskirts on the major roads into town, Aldi and Lidl having 2 stores each. I think that Tesco have finally put up 2 fingers to increased parking charges. A shame as we used to pop in there from time to time when in town.

The basic rule is don’t trust QR codes in public placers when it’s anything to do with money. Always download payment apps from official app stores. It tells you which parking app they use. A national parking payment app is being worked on. It won’t be anything soon however.

No point to me as I don't carry a phone or if I did I wouldn't know how to use it .

tom73

Guru
Found it: Pharmacy First

That’s a national thing which is what it says. Pharmacies that sign up can diagnose and treat minor conditions. Like they always have , it’s to encourage more people to visit a pharmacy for the basic stuff to free up the rest of primary care for the ones who really need it. What treatments they can give and how it works depends on what local ICB are willing to pay for. The government are adding more stuff under pharmacy 1st eg vaccinations , BP reviews , med reviews , basic blood tests. Problem is they won’t pay true cost of the extra work and staff time. So some pharmacies are not signing up or only doing part of it. The other elephant in the room is more they do less none core funding gos to the GP practice.
Med reviews often lead to problems Mrs 73 has had patients that have reviews and the pharmacist changers them. But don’t recorded why so she then has to spend time finding out. Nothing wrong with them making changers but it needs to say why.

Top Bottom