Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't understand why anyone would go to Boots anyway. My local, independent pharmacy sells most of what they sell and sell it cheaper.
NHS repeat prescriptions.
Guaranteed payments and repeat trade.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Another battle with the self serve at M&S. This time the Simply Food where the gift voucher on the mobile app did scan but only after the attendance of two staff to resolve a non credited sparks 50p voucher. The first one was not authorised to credit so I had to go through the whole thing again with the second. Then, after "paying", the receipt got jammed. Hello to staff member 1 again who then failed to manage to open the paper holder and had to call on another, different, colleague. Crucial thing was there's £7.59 left on the gift card.
During the same eye-wear shopping trip I also went into M&S. I went around the store twice looking for where the ''Cards and Wrap'' section was. Silly me, it was in the Food section....

tom73

Guru
NHS repeat prescriptions.
Guaranteed payments and repeat trade.

It’s not a given though and governments can and do and do change the goal posts. The cost pre drug can change at anytime. Governments move items around. I remember well labour moving statins when they got common off list A to list B. They also back dated it 6 months “ claw back” cost the Coop millions at the time. It took a year to fully clear off the account. Most common drugs you’re only looking at pence per script.
It’s also worth saying for information if anyone is wondering. That pharmacies receive none of the prescription charge. It’s just part of government income like taxers are.

classic33

Leg End Member
It’s not a given though and governments can and do and do change the goal posts. The cost pre drug can change at anytime. Governments move items around. I remember well labour moving statins when they got common off list A to list B. They also back dated it 6 months “ claw back” cost the Coop millions at the time. It took a year to fully clear off the account. Most common drugs you’re only looking at pence per script.
It’s also worth saying for information if anyone is wondering. That pharmacies receive none of the prescription charge. It’s just part of government income like taxers are.
I had to use them myself for a few years, repeat anti-epiletic medication. Then the license changed hands, the price shot up by 3800%. They were keen to keep me on them, side effects said otherwise.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nice little walk late afternoon just as the sun started to set. The wind had died down and it was starting to get a bit chilly but the sunset was lovely...
Sunset over the Docks.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I don't understand why anyone would go to Boots anyway. My local, independent pharmacy sells most of what they sell and sell it cheaper.

My local Boots has been sold to another Pharmacist, who already owns another Pharmacy in this town. What was Boots is going to be one of these "centres" to go to instead of a Doctor. I have forgotten the terminology, but @tom73 will know.

Top Bottom