Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Shetland bus shelter.

C798409B-6BFC-4ED7-9224-5D11D895BDF9.png

Had a lovely roast lamb sandwich for luncheon, along with a slice of Melton Mowbray pork pie, an apple, a tangerine and two :cuppa:

Made a big pot of thai-spiced vegetable, coconut & red lentil soup. Veg selection wasn't quite what I'd intended, as I had to add a pumpkin that hadn't enjoyed how cold it had gotten in my utility room. I was wondering why it looked a little vertically challenged, and it seems the whole bottom had frozen and then defrosted into a soft mush, which then got squished down by the top half, which was perfectly fine. So that ended up in the soup along with some tired-looking sweet potatoes and the last of the old carrots. Smells great though.

As a result of having to fanny around with the pumpkin, I didn't get around to doing any more databasing. The wood bins in the house are nicely stocked up again, and I'm about to get the fire going. It's so mild outside that the house is sitting at 17.5C without much effort.

I have nearly finished the little piece of artwork I will need for next Monday. Just need to add some depth to the shading with some coloured pencils. The kaleidoscope-effect background was fun, working watercolour paint wet-into-wet.

tyred

Legendary Member
Bus shelters on Shetland have seats and padded settees and small tables in some cases as well as a library and in one case a TV . No room for animals.

I saw that on Arran too and was somewhat bemused by all these bus shelters with fireside armchairs wedged into them. There were better examples than this but it's the only photo I have to hand.

IMG_20230605_163846.jpg

Here, we don't have soft chairs, or bus shelters, or even buses.

Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Top Bottom