Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Have you thought about a sheep?

I don't know what became of the cycle chat one ! :whistle:

At one time where I live all garden gates were hinged to open outwards to prevent the sheep which roamed freely in the town from pushing the gates until they opened. This was a learned behaviour and passed on through the generations. If they did get a garden gate open not only did your grass get cropped but everything else edible vanished as well.:ohmy:

tom73

Guru
At one time where I live all garden gates were hinged to open outwards to prevent the sheep which roamed freely in the town from pushing the gates until they opened. This was a learned behaviour and passed on through the generations. If they did get a garden gate open not only did your grass get cropped but everything else edible vanished as well.:ohmy:

In much the same way as Goathland village has a bus shelter with a gate on to stop the village sheep from using it.

tom73

Guru
She was very helpful yesterday, giving me the prices of about six models, so I could get an approximate price.

When it comes to servicing, they pick up and return the mower, rather than me handling a heavy machine. I avoid the big places like Q & B and Basehome etc, as finding knowledgeable staff can be challenging. Ideally I would buy a British-made mower from a local independent supplier.

Sound good to me as any good service should inc pick up and return.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20240123-115742~2.png

Bit blurry as it's a screen shot of a vid, but cows do it too! 😂

Mild, grey and squelchy here chez Casa Reynard. No one here has ventured outside, though it looks like it's finally stopped raining.

Slept very well. Have had a quiet morning working on the drawings database and puttering about doing a few other bits and pieces. Afternoon will be pretty well much more of the same.

The plan is to make some soup, as we finished the scotch broth last night, though I don't need to cook much otherwise, as we're still working on the pizzas and sausage rolls I picked up for a song on NYE. OK, just about reached the end of those, only one pizza and two jumbo sausage rolls left. Have really enjoyed them. The pizzas were all Tesco's "Finest" - nice enough, but I usually make my own which are way nicer. Full price I wouldn't buy them, but what I paid wouldn't have covered the cost of the flour for the bases, never mind the toppings. Having said that, I've put extra toppings on anyways, as they were a bit, euhm, stingy in that respect.

My winter aconites are flowering - about a week and a half later than usual if my Book of Faces memories are anything to go by. Also popping up in my memories is the fact that I'd bought some Seville oranges, so I must go to the market either this week or next in orser to see if I can't find any. Never had any luck on that front last year.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and I has a hungry.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Washing machine has been pulled out, re-leveled (as the drum was wobbling a bit) and recalibrated. A full washing cycle has been run to let the pixies inside reset the load sensors..
Hopefully it will now be wobble free.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Poured rain with a hefty gale all day.
Ferry still off.
The Lochaline/Fishnish ferry is still running so if you are willing to chance it that is a way back home. If that is also off you are then at the a—- end of nowhere so have to retrace a long way but Ft William is a slightly nearer possibility.
Two hotels in Oban offer “ island rates” so they are well patronised by those who live on the island.
Fortunately I have emergency accommodation at my son’s house.
I had intended to go into Oban to perhaps get a hair trim and look around for some bits in Homebase but could not see the sense in going out and getting soaked and there is bad flooding at one point on the road caused by a blocked culvert.
Hopefully by tomorrow the rain will have eased but the wind looks like continuing.
Son should be flying in to either Glasgow or Edinburgh tomorrow so hopefully his taxi can make the trip.
I am relying on him to drive me down and back to Vale of Lever hospital on Thursday for a quick visit.

Top Bottom