Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Well the second and third cuppa have been consumed so taking station near the toilet as it will have to come out again soon .
Lovely clear blue skies so solar panels are exporting to the grid even with everything turned on .

Just looked and at the moment the sun is powering the house and charging the Battery. There's always some leakage of a few Watts to/from the grid, from monitoring I expect.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well the second and third cuppa have been consumed so taking station near the toilet as it will have to come out again soon .
Lovely clear blue skies so solar panels are exporting to the grid even with everything turned on .

Just looked and at the moment the sun is powering the house and charging the Battery. There's always some leakage of a few Watts to/from the grid, from monitoring I expect.
I'm impressed to hear that solar power can create more energy than it takes to heat your houses when it's sub-zero temperatures.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I'm impressed to hear that solar power can create more energy than it takes to heat your houses when it's sub-zero temperatures.

Our heating is gas so not using much electricity.
But slow cooker, fridge , freezer, radio, office equipment etc etc all running on solar panels.
If batteries were available when we had it installed we would have them , not what would be involved in having them installed now , and not sure how the company that installed the panels would react

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A belated good morning from Suffolk. Flaming heck it's cold - last time I checked about an hour ago it was still -2C outside and thick frost still in the shaded areas. Don't think I'll be doing much on the bike today and may go for a walk instead. At least it's sunny & clear so it looks nice.

About to make the second coffee of the day and have a shower & shave.

tom73

Guru
Hash and pancakes sort of weather just the thing to warm you up. :hungry:

wutz in your jar?
cookie jar.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
Did anyone study Geography at school?
I found it to be the most boring of subjects ever invented! All we seemed to do was to find out what different countries produced . Bauxite /aluminium was one such thing . Can't remember which country as it was so boring. I didn't half get a telling off when I said that I chose History instead. I should have kept quiet!

Might have depended on the teacher. Mine came up with all sorts of ways to make it interesting.

Top Bottom