Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I had a nice walk out after work when I went to the newsagents to pick up a magazine and added a few miles extra. Pretty cold out, parts of the pavements need treated with care.

Had some nice hot vegetable soup and wheaten bread when I got home.

All ready to do a bit of reading now.

Good to know that even this snow and cold weather doesn't deter the determined boyracer.

tom73

Guru
Just put Mrs 73’s pj’s on the radiator to warm and her penguin hot water bottle in the bed. Should be nice and toastie by the time she’s home.

tyred

Legendary Member
I see now what's happened. I had to go out to be nosey! There had been a lot of snow fall since I had been out earlier, a good few inches and very few cars can get up the hill outside. There must be 20+ abandoned out there, although some can get up, the small light hatchbacks generally.

I have to say I was very impressed with the snow capabilities of a Toyota C-HR. So effortless and so smooth. It must be the electric motors providing smooth power output at very low revs.

I took another walk around town. Amazing what happens when you remove most of the traffic from the roads - silence and children playing in the street.

tyred

Legendary Member
IMG_20240117_211106_1.jpg

IMG_20240117_211239.jpg

IMG_20240117_211411.jpg

Spent a bitterly cold afternoon out in the garden but didn't feel the cold. Got the garden incinerator out and burned a few years worth of the documents that had personal/financial information on them which couldn't be put in with the recycling. Much of it was client information that had been in the spare room since I retired years ago.

I don't have a shredder and, although it's probably not environmentally good practice, there's something satisfying about tending a good bonfire.

Top Bottom