Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
And buses back home nicely connected. Slight panic getting on the bus home as the day ticket on my mobile took ages to load. The journey home was slightly delayed twice while the driver eventually managed to get the ticket machine to start working again. Resetting it completely confused the internal display which decided we had just left the bus station again until the GPS kicked a couple of stops later.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Chilly lunchtime stroll completed in full sun and clear blue sky

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bus journey home was almost a problem.. A couple of other people were waiting at boarding door 3, where the display said the No.14 was due to dock.
For whatever reason, a bus arrived @ Door 6.
Fortunately, a lady noticed that it had a 14 on
the front, so we wandered down a dozen yards or so and hopped on, checking with the driver that it was really a No14 and not about to change numbers!
Such is life.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Bus journey home was almost a problem.. A couple of other people were waiting at boarding door 3, where the display said the No.14 was due to dock.
For whatever reason, a bus arrived @ Door 6.
Fortunately, a lady noticed that it had a 14 on
the front, so we wandered down a dozen yards or so and hopped on, checking with the driver that it was really a No14 and not about to change numbers!
Such is life.

One of the buses we use changes number at the terminus and heads along a different route back to Poole. This is really good as we can stay on the bus then get off a couple of stops later where it's a short walk to the brewery tap rooms 😁🍺🍺

A lens I ordered from the London Camera Exchange yesterday arrived a little while ago. I bought a second hand Tamron 70-300mm autofocus lens for my Nikon cameras as the one for my Pentax has been really good . I don't want to take my Pentax's out on my bike as they cost more than my very cheap Nikon's. I got my D50 for £1 at a car boot sale . It didn't have a battery so I bought a cheap D70 on the bay which had a problem but came with a battery and charger. They both work so I take them out cycling . Any way the lens has arrived and it looks brand new ! Complete with box and instructions. I think it might be missing the carrying pouch . The lens works but I can't really test it now as the light is going . I paid just under £60 including postage which I think is a very good price .

tom73

Guru
A kind of feeling a bit lost sort of day. Would have been my Dads birthday not kind of over sad day just not sure what to do day.
So despite the freezing icy cold winds had an early morning trip to town. Not up for cooking so had an early bunch before the early afternoon dog walk. Which we both enjoyed being outside walking and Charlie having a good old run around.
Afternoon I needed a few things for Mrs 73 so a nice walk to town. Just had a ham sandwich or two now watching the Chase with a :cuppa:and the 2 slices of carrot cake I bought when out that have my name on them.

I guess black is a good car color, in the winter, because it stands out in a snow storm, eh?
black jeep in white snow.jpg

Top Bottom