Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife and I went for a walk to Biddestone today. It was lovely and sunny but cold. There was quite a bit of slush and ice around so it would have been a bit tricky on a bike. It was approximately 6.5 miles in total, we are worn out. The views were lovely and clear.

Attachments

• IMGP4751.JPG
    IMGP4751.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP4777.JPG
    IMGP4777.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMGP4755.JPG
    IMGP4755.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 7

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Time for another brew and some relaxation me thinks

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice walk, no frost, just some mist to make the place look mysterious.

The town is very busy with boyracers cruising round showing off how their amazing assorted ancient VAG diesels. They're lowered so much the catch on speed bumps and their remapped and overfuelled engines produce more smoke than a Victorian cotton mill.

Ripple

Veteran
The town is very busy with boyracers cruising round showing off how their amazing assorted ancient VAG diesels. They're lowered so much the catch on speed bumps and their remapped and overfuelled engines produce more smoke than a Victorian cotton mill.

Where I work one of CCTV cameras is facing main street and roundabout. I see loads of boy racers after 10 pm daily using main street as a race track. Surprisingly no casualties/fatals yet - loads of drunks wander on that street after pubs start closing.

tyred

Legendary Member
Where I work one of CCTV cameras is facing main street and roundabout. I see loads of boy racers after 10 pm daily using main street as a race track. Surprisingly no casualties/fatals yet - loads of drunks wander on that street after pubs start closing.

There's such a culture of it around here. Most don't drive dangerously to be fair, they just cruise around town repeatedly and create nuisance but little danger.

There are a few who like to use the road where I live as a racetrack though.

classic33

Leg End Member
I know it's weird. I wonder if my phone had a long shutter speed. I was using a cree led flashlight. I wonder if those emit light at a fast pulse that can't be recognized by the human eye

just read this on quora

LED lights can flicker when used as photo or video lighting due to a phenomenon called pulse-width modulation (PWM). PWM is a method used to control the brightness of the LED by rapidly turning the light on and off. When the frequency of this on-off cycle is not synchronized with the shutter speed of the camera, it can result in flickering. This flicker may not be visible to the naked eye, but it can be captured by the camera, especially at certain shutter speeds or frame rates. To avoid flicker, it's important to use LED lights with a high-frequency PWM or look for lights specifically designed for flicker-free operation in photo and video applications.
Zoom in on the light itself, what you'll see might surprise you.

Had a lovely luncheon of sausage rolls (with a dab of English mustard on the side to provide a bit of ooomph), a selection of fruit and the obligatory two :cuppa:

My order of cat litter turned up while I was having my lunch.

Afternoon spent emptying the trailer and stacking its contents neatly in the garage, as well as re-filling the wood bins in the house. Also did a good chunk on the drawings database.

Had a lovely supper of home made quiche, clapshot and red cabbage with apple & orange, braised in the last of the cider. And bloody lovely it all was too. :hungry:

Now going to watch the news and do some more on the database.

Last edited:
Top Bottom