Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Disastrous afternoon in the office.

Was going fine until I went for a mug of tea. Came back and found the laptop completely frozen. A hard reboot, which took a good minute or two of holding the power button, resolved the matter and of the report I was drafting, or rather doing a comprehension exercise on a copied in earlier one, was only missing the end of a sentence.

Time passed and another mug of tea collected only for it to freeze again. Down a floor to disturb IT from whatever IT staff do and it was found that the problem was an under desk network box. Resolved by the old switch off switch on.

Continued drafting the report to conclusion which was now in word entirely separate from the database. Copied it in and somehow found all I had was that as extant from after the first freeze.

Redid the report, always a lot quicker the second time as no thought needed, and saved it separately as the database was saying someone else was editing it - that's me.

Then tried to enter the data fields but although seeming to be okay it then threw up error messages when entering a standard code. Time to pack in. Trust tomorrow it will be okay
No it's not Fujitsu, it's not that reliable!

Where's that curry thread? Tandoori lambchops marinating, cheeky side jalfrezi on the go, kitchen smells nice ^_^
20240108_184418.jpg

postman

Squire
So went to play my new dvds and pop the dvd player stopped working.We have a surge box and the dvd selection has died.The player itself still works,we checked it in a single plug.So we have to decide if we can use one of the two spare selections.Going to check in the daylight tomorrow,or it may mean another Surge protector to be safe.

classic33

Leg End Member
Electric substation hit late morning. Knocking out the power to local houses.
The (elderly*) driver had a heart attack* behind the wheel, causing him to lose control.
Annoyed residents tried to drag the driver out. To let them know how they felt about what he'd done. Others just annoyed that they now have to walk to the main road. All of 70 yards.

Police arrived in force to seperate/disperse the crowd, and to close off the access roads to all but emergency vehicles.

If we get the temperature drop tonight as predicted, they'll have a bit more than the driver hitting the substation to moan about.

*Other descriptions have been given, none favourable.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar
Disastrous afternoon in the office.

Was going fine until I went for a mug of tea. Came back and found the laptop completely frozen. A hard reboot, which took a good minute or two of holding the power button, resolved the matter and of the report I was drafting, or rather doing a comprehension exercise on a copied in earlier one, was only missing the end of a sentence.

Time passed and another mug of tea collected only for it to freeze again. Down a floor to disturb IT from whatever IT staff do and it was found that the problem was an under desk network box. Resolved by the old switch off switch on.

Continued drafting the report to conclusion which was now in word entirely separate from the database. Copied it in and somehow found all I had was that as extant from after the first freeze.

Redid the report, always a lot quicker the second time as no thought needed, and saved it separately as the database was saying someone else was editing it - that's me.

Then tried to enter the data fields but although seeming to be okay it then threw up error messages when entering a standard code. Time to pack in. Trust tomorrow it will be okay
No it's not Fujitsu, it's not that reliable!

I made some plaster grapes to repair an 1890s station seat. No low temperatures were involved.

Top Bottom