Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Despite the cold and unforecsat occasional snow flurries, that was a quite enjoyable few hours riding around Cambridge this afternoon. The Decathlon in the city centre had some walking shoes I wanted in stock, the car really needed a good run and I wanted some fresh air so the bike went in the car and off I went. I also got a message from M&S while out confirming that an order was available for collection so a quick diversion on the way home saved another trip later in the week.

Had a delicious supper of homemade quiche* plus coleslaw on the side, and a salted caramel mousse thing for afters. :hungry:

* made with the meat I'd stripped off the turkey bones after I'd made stock, some bacon, a leek, some fresh sage from the garden, plus cream and eggs of course, and finished off on top with a mix of crumbled cheddar and stilton. One of the best-tasting quiches I've ever made. :biggrin:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
When I got home this afternoon my recycling bin was where I'd left it and none of the neighbours bins apopeared to have been moved so it looks like they are being emptied on Tuesday as part of the festive holiday catch up. There was also a very small snow drift against one side of the base and a little bit of snow on the grass.

The cycle commute on Tuesday looks to be a little cold and breezy - I'm hoping that the wind coming in off the still warm North Sea will stop any frost or ice.

classic33

Leg End Member
When I got home this afternoon my recycling bin was where I'd left it and none of the neighbours bins apopeared to have been moved so it looks like they are being emptied on Tuesday as part of the festive holiday catch up. There was also a very small snow drift against one side of the base and a little bit of snow on the grass.

The cycle commute on Tuesday looks to be a little cold and breezy - I'm hoping that the wind coming in off the still warm North Sea will stop any frost or ice.
Nah, don't go getting yer hopes up.

Gwylan

Veteran
I used to have a pair of spike things to put on my shoes but I've mislaid them.
Look with you beach stuff. That's what happens around here

Top Bottom