Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the first of the day's rain showers has already rattled through and yet again it's a cold, grey and blustery start to the day. Hopefully the conditions will be better inland as I'm off to Cambridge in about 3/4 of an hour's time and will be taking a bike in the back of the car.

The first cuppa has been downed and a large bowl of porridge will be following it once the microwave has done its thing.

postman

Squire
This fat lump needs exercise.First long walk to church yesterday was terrible.can't keep sitting down reading or on here most of the day.So today i begin,a walk back to Headingley a longer and more picturesque route.Then maybe this afternoon some light weights,which got ignored through Xmas.I need to do something before i start on the turbo then the bicycle :bicycle::hyper:.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have been proof reading Mrs Tkk's dissertation prior to submission. Not that I have any knowledge of the subject, just for the silly stuff like double words like " the the ". Mrs Tkk is overly fond of commas though 🤔
what really stands out is that reading the printed out version is far superior for spotting discrepancies and errors.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is it silly to be quite 'excited' about getting a 'used' pair of winter boots ? I bid/offered on some Shimano MW7's (holy grail of MTB winter boots) and got them for a good price. They are the slightly newer version of what have given me sterling service for about 6 years and have been used in the most grotty of conditions and have held up very well. (this version has BOA rather than a velcro strap).

I bought a lightly used pair of summer MTB shoes (exact same shoe again but my current ones have had 8 years use) earlier in the year, and all they needed was a quick visit to the washing machine. Always the issue with shoes - if you know you like some, it's always a gamble if a newer and different shoe is going to fit comfortably. I'm a bit 'iccy' about shoes, but if they have had light use, and it's exactly what I want and can't get new, then that's OK - washing machine visit is fine - they will be covered in mud, rat wee, cow poo next time I use them anyway.

it was good little storm
mirror w cozy.jpg

snowy hill.jpg

roads.jpg

wheel.jpg

we might get 3-4" of rain tomorrow night. that won't be good
roof rake 900.jpg

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well

Grey, blustery and a bit chilly here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Must've been a cold one overnight, as house is sitting at 16C. Have had a quiet morning puttering about and catching up with assorted chores. This included shoving the tree, the box of baubles and the bag of assorted bits (sparkly beads, stockings with cats on etc) up onto the loft. The lights go into a cupboard in the house. Have also re-jigged the fridges in the utility room and kitchen. We finished quite a few festive bits over the weekend, and other items have been put into smaller containers.

This afternoon's task is cutting up the remainder of wood that's in the trailer, because tomorrow I want to go for another trailer of firewood. And I shall be doing some cooking tonight, as I've got the turkey scraps I picked off the bones after I made the stock that really need using. I've also got some cream that wants using, as well as a rather sad-looking leek.

I think it is time for luncheon, as a certain madam is telling me that she wants her chicken...

View attachment 718346

@Reynard Not sure how recent this is, but it does get a bit deep there, doesn't it!

It does... I've got to go to Littleport later, so I'll get an update on how deep the water is from the electronic display board at the other end of Black Bank.

Thing is, the causeway is bloody narrow, and there's a good drop either side. So if you can't see the road marker posts sticking out of the water, there's a good chance of ending up in the ditch if you make a wrong guess as to where the road goes.

I'd much rather take the long way round if going that way, either via Downham Market or via Chatteris.

Top Bottom