Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning .
It is dark out and the light snow that we had has gone.
I'm not sure if my headache has. It seems okay just sitting here but feels a bit sensitive if I tip my head down .
I've got to go to see the dentist this afternoon. My life is really exciting!

Mike_P

Guru
When I got home this afternoon my recycling bin was where I'd left it and none of the neighbours bins apopeared to have been moved so it looks like they are being emptied on Tuesday as part of the festive holiday catch up.
My collections are a day late this week as opposed to two days late for the last two. You should be able to check the dates online, Google waste collection where you are

Cycled to the local health insurance office.

German health insurance is similar to the UK, but we have a choice of providers, most people, like me are with one of the big government owned companies and they occasionally ask me to fill in a form online. As I am to computers what Genghis Kahn was to international diplomacy, I've never managed this, but fortunately I can just go to the office and ten minutes later everything is sorted out and I know I'm not going to get anything returned with "insufficient information, do it again properly this time" on the top.

My collections are a day late this week as opposed to two days late for the last two. You should be able to check the dates online, Google waste collection where you are

If Google did the waste collection they'd go through the bins and make lists of what we'd thrown out to sell to third party vendors, unless you remembered to fill in the form every time you opened the bin.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a chilly office in a slowly brightening Suffolk. Very breezy ride in, but the main roads had been gritted and every where else was dry so it looks like the breeze off the North Sea did help after all. Currently hunched over the first coffee of the day breathing in the fumes and wishing it was at drinking temperature.

I'd checked the East Suffolk council web site which showed today (Tuesday) as the bin day, but with every one else having put their bins out for emptying on Monday I put mine out just in case.

Gwylan

Veteran
Cargo plane just gone over, heading from Bournemouth to Chengdu in China.

What cargo? Geriatrics, couples on a dirty weekend?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Temp minus 3.6C when I got up and the bedroom was only 15.8C since heat comes from the adjacent hallway and does not seem to get through the open doorway too well. The bedroom radiator is hidden behind some furniture and not turned on.
I I need to have a rethink and clear some wall space to free up the radiator tho' it would be seldom needed.
Clear sky and the sun is now over the horizon so should warm everything up soon.
My car windscreen did get the ice melted yesterday by mid afternoon as the way I prefer to park has the back towards the sun which cleared that end fairly quickly.
Need to get outside today even if I have nothing planned so far. The sun is still too low for safe triking. I notice that cars passing in one direction suddenly brake just in front of my house. This is probably because at that point they realise they are completely blinded by the sun as there is a slight rise in the road there.

Top Bottom